PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my engine :-)

ollster
12-06-03, 03:29 PM
Ive have spent the last few days cleaning my engine bay in preperation for pv 2003, so i thought i would post sum pics of it up now its finished. I have had loads of bits chromed and also i have had the rocker box cover sprayed the same color as the car:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/Oliver_Hewitt/Engine/Enginejpg.jpg
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Oliver_Hewitt/Engine/ETop.jpg
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Oliver_Hewitt/Engine/top.jpg
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Oliver_Hewitt/Engine/Lock.jpg
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Oliver_Hewitt/Engine/Wipermotor.jpg

Wot do ya think?

RobHardyUK
12-06-03, 03:31 PM
looks well tidy matey!

Ste_Nova
12-06-03, 03:35 PM
rough wiring by the wiper motor and the mk1 header tank cap let it down

ollster
12-06-03, 03:41 PM
agreed with the wiring ste, if your refering to the extra relay for the alarm, but the header tank cap is mk2. Ive got a yellow one of a corsa but i think its looks silly.

Its all getting stripped out again this winter when i fit the throttle bodies, and all the wiring loom will be tidied and the engine bay will all be sprayed, ive jus cleaned it up a bit for this years show season.

Cheers for the comments though peeps keep em coming

Ste_Nova
12-06-03, 03:45 PM
header is a mk1 sorry... the mk2 one is like corsa but black

yes wiring is fucking messy... tidy that relay up

ollster
12-06-03, 03:52 PM
lol harsh but fair i guess, as for the wiring that realy is the only extra bit if the rest is messy then its messy from the factory. But now that you have pointed out that relay i will tidy it up before pv i pormise lol :roll:. You can come and check if you want :wink:

Jim
12-06-03, 03:56 PM
Looks really good. Looking forward to seeing it at PV03. I'm not even going to ask how much you've spent on that car, LOL.

Jim

linzTDI
12-06-03, 03:58 PM
looks lovely and shiny m8

wisewood
12-06-03, 04:15 PM
I wont even dare ask how much you have spent on polish and cleaning products!!! One of the cleanest cars i have ever seen.

Tilly
12-06-03, 06:01 PM

yes wiring is fcuk messy... tidy that relay up

u always have such a negative attitude tro everything.

ol i think it looks great. i know its hard work cause i keep doing it to mine

Ben (lurk75)
12-06-03, 06:21 PM
lol @ ste

ollster dont rise to it.

DazK
12-06-03, 06:32 PM
ste_sa ur a cock! shut it

looks great ollster :D good work :mrgreen:

Jules
12-06-03, 07:47 PM
Looks nice - couple of tips to tidy it up some more:-
1 - Get the injector wiring casing and brackets from a GTE / GSi (Well mine has one on anyway..)
2 - Get a MK4 Astra sparkplug lead cover (2 pieces, base plate and plastic top) as used on Rob Delicarta's (sp?) spotless engine bay.

All in all looks good though.
8)

frog_southampton
12-06-03, 07:49 PM
how did u make everythin so sparkley?

looks well nice m8!

and the bar that goes from one suspension mount to the other...

whats that for?:)

Fester
12-06-03, 08:01 PM
lookin good mate!

Ben (lurk75)
12-06-03, 08:07 PM
and the bar that goes from one suspension mount to the other...

whats that for?:)

That is a strut brace, used to stiffen the front end and prevent roll.

RobIsGrt18
12-06-03, 08:52 PM
Hi m8, cars looking phat !! :D

one question......is it you who bought my wheels?? i cant remember who i sold um 2, i kno it was sum1 on the site tho!?

mikeoxford
12-06-03, 10:55 PM
nice m8 nice

im going along similar lines......

duno if im being very sucessful but im sure you can all look at PV

looks well agresive with the 40s and everything spick and span though:D

nice one olly

lukin 4wod to seein your boot.

are you on nl stand or another one?

brian
13-06-03, 12:12 AM
well done m8. thats a lot of work but looks the job!
don't think i could ever bring myself to be that tidy!!
as for ther header tank thing! i have never seen a different type ever mk 1 or mk2. they are all the same. maybe the cap differs, i but not the tank

ollster
13-06-03, 12:48 AM
Thanx for all the positive feedback peeps, as i have said this was only a quick clean up to get it looking presentable for this years shows, as this winter i will be stripping the engine out (new engine throttle bodies lots of chrome etc) and spraying the engine bay, tidying the loom up etc. But im glad you all like it, bar ste lol, ah well u cant please everybody.

Rob i bought the rims for my car about 2 years ago, not sure who they were off but i dont think it was you; these are the rims anyway:
http://mysite.freeserve.com/Oliver_Hewitt/NewPics/Back_side.jpg

Mike: im not on the NL stand, im on the VXLSCC derbyshire region stand, but they are trying to convince me to enter it for the best kept car comp on the day, but im still not sure yet.

mikeoxford
13-06-03, 12:52 AM
nice one olly

well i got your number, if i cant find you ill fone u on the day so i can say hello etc

heres what to expect from my motor, again like yours, still oads to do , and hardly ANY of the chroming done yet!!! its all to do 2moro :D

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75539

frog_southampton
13-06-03, 08:56 AM
all that that is chromed, is that just a paint? where can u get the paint from?

jatinder
13-06-03, 09:43 AM
Looks good mate im glad ur keeping the bottom half black :D , just one question about your boot grab handel, is it quite easy too do along with the door handles coz it spoils the look of my car at the mo the need colour coding

ollster
13-06-03, 10:23 AM
yeh its really easy, i had all of it done when the car was re-sprayed, but i stripped it all down. To get the boot handle off there are simply 4 screws inside the boot which need taking off then you need to remove the lock. As for the door ahndles they are held on by 2 screws.

frog_southampton: The only bit paitned is teh rocker box cover anything that is shiney is either highly polished or chromed

frog_southampton
13-06-03, 11:12 AM
how much cost 2 get chromed?

Ste_Nova
13-06-03, 11:13 AM

yes wiring is fcuk messy... tidy that relay up

u always have such a negative attitude tro everything.

ol i think it looks great. i know its hard work cause i keep doing it to mine

i applyed to be a concours judge at the png weekend back in 1999/2000.... but i was told no cause i might upset the owners!!!

ollster
13-06-03, 01:19 PM
fair doo's ste i never complianed, i put it up asking for opinions and thats what i got. Im probably gonna enter it for the best kept car comp just out of interest, though i dont expect to win (especially if your the judge :wink: lol)

RobIsGrt18
13-06-03, 01:41 PM
only asking ollster cos it was a set of those rims, + i sold um bout 2yr's ago, was bugging me who i sold um to in the end!!

SKoob
13-06-03, 02:55 PM
the car looks like a minter, wish mine was that clean, whats this PV2003 thing?

Jim
13-06-03, 04:08 PM
the car looks like a minter, wish mine was that clean, whats this PV2003 thing?

Performance Vauxhall 2003. Probably one of the largest Vauxhall shows of the year. It's held at Santa Pod Raceway on Sunday 15th June (this weekend). Gates for the public open at 9am, but expect a long queue.

Jim

krobinson
13-06-03, 09:56 PM
Lovely car olly..

Ever thought about droping the suspension just a little bit more?

Looks great the way it is, but lower would be even nicer i recon..

Remember walking round it at trax and thinkin how clean it was, not many left in that condition!

Keith

?Marty?
14-06-03, 01:18 AM
Looks real good mate.

ollster
14-06-03, 02:59 AM
thanx again for all the comments,

keith: i am thinking of lowereing it a little bit more on the back, the only thing is i dont want o upset the handling to much. I would like to strike a comprimise between looks and functionality, like i have with the rest of teh car. Dont wanna make it all show and no go if you get what i mean. Hows yours comin along mate i really wanna see it when its done are you goin to the pv show?