PDA

View Full Version : Shocks...

Gazza14SR
12-06-03, 01:05 PM
Hi, My nova is lowered 35mm and I would like to upgrade the shocks. Could you guys plz recommend what I should go for? I am after something that would make the car handle a fair bit better than it does now. I have just over 100quid to spend so will have to go for something second hand.
Also if i went for something second hand what defects should i look for?

Thanks very much.

(should this be in the technical forum)

Gaz

bad_boy_nova
18-06-03, 11:27 AM
If you've got just over 100 quid, you will be able to get some new shocks with that. Ive got 60mm gmax springs and wanted some shocks to go with them. I got some gmax shocks brand new for 150 quid. It handles f*ckin mint!

BC
18-06-03, 11:57 AM
sorry stupid question what difference do they make?

Jim
18-06-03, 02:36 PM
Upgrading your shocks will help the car handle better as they will be the correct height for the springs so the dampner effect in the shock can be used to its maximum potential. This will allow the car to grip the road better. When you do get your new shocks, tell them what drop your car currently is so that they can supply you with the correct shocks. If you get adjustable shocks you will be able to control the softness/hardness of the shocks which will allow you to set up the shocks for different types of driving i.e: you'll want it pretty hard on a track, but softer for general town/country driving. Adjustable shocks will be more expensive though. When you do get the shocks for your car, I'd suggest you take the car to a garage and get them to set up your camber as well as checking the alignment.

Jim

BC
18-06-03, 02:38 PM
cheers for that.