PDA

View Full Version : Nova turbo diesel

cossienova
10-02-11, 02:28 AM
Am thinking of retiring my merit to do the xe conversion soon and am after a new daily runner.Am thinking of a nova td,how much would you expect to pay for a half tidy one? How rare are they now? will i have a job finding a chepish one? Have heard their realy good on fuel and go well,and with fuel prices constantly rising i can afford to run my other cars daily anymore!:(

blue_peg_16v
10-02-11, 03:41 PM
£500-£700 should get a decent runner if you look about but they are rather rare, why not go for a corsa same engine less rust more about and possibly cheaper, so more money to put into the xe

cossienova
10-02-11, 05:58 PM
Thats what i want to pay,had a look around but cant find any for sale! Dont really want a corsa as i prefer novas and got loads of spares here plus i know my way around them.If i cant find a nova then this will be an option.cheers.

Jack
10-02-11, 06:24 PM
Pretty rare tbh, especially in good nick

Did they put a blower on the Mk1 or was it just Mk2?

amggsi
10-02-11, 06:43 PM
There was a mark 1 TD, I have one here! I actually think the na was brought out in mark 2...............

MK999
10-02-11, 06:52 PM
NA was van only afaik, and even most of those are TD.

Paid £550 for mine, and it wasn't in fantastic nick, and there were plenty of people interested when I went in for it.

Given what I've spent on it in the past year and the current fuel situation etc I'd expect to get near a grand for mine if I sold it tbh, or I'd keep it. Have to give me more than that atm tbh as I wouldn't find anything similar with as many new parts on it for less than £1500 I don't think lol

Maybe I'm overvaluing it slightly though as it's pretty much the perfect car for what I do with it.

ryansnova
10-02-11, 07:00 PM
there was one on gumtree in inverness have a look lol

just had a look it is not on enymore lol

cossienova
10-02-11, 09:37 PM
Got a bit of a search on my hands then by the looks! Not in a real rush so will just keep saving til one turns up.The one on gumtree was £2k,and miles away! Dont mind doing a bit of work,but looks like il have to up the price a little.

Balley
15-02-11, 06:59 PM
Very rare now bud, A decent one will fetch atleast a grand but I have not seen a decent one for at least a year for sale!

I have had 68mpg ot of mine once :)

blue_peg_16v
15-02-11, 09:54 PM
Thats what i want to pay,had a look around but cant find any for sale! Dont really want a corsa as i prefer novas and got loads of spares here plus i know my way around them.If i cant find a nova then this will be an option.cheers.

corsa b mechanicals are almost identical to a nova so if you know your way round a nova you will no your way round a corsa suspension engine etc are all the same just slightly wider track

nova_mike
15-02-11, 11:02 PM
Got a bit of a search on my hands then by the looks! Not in a real rush so will just keep saving til one turns up.The one on gumtree was £2k,and miles away! Dont mind doing a bit of work,but looks like il have to up the price a little.

its not a complete car but if your interested in reshelling and have the facility's this could be an option day's work if you have a shell waiting an pull ya finger out lol

dunno if this link will work but click (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164623)

paddy quinn
18-02-11, 05:52 PM
Very rare now bud, A decent one will fetch atleast a grand but I have not seen a decent one for at least a year for sale!

I have had 68mpg ot of mine once :)1 as decent as ours will prob bring between 3 and 4 grand