PDA

View Full Version : should a driveshaft

bally2010
09-02-11, 01:02 AM
well finally took my gearbox and engine out of my car today due to the other day giving it a bit and then all of a sudden car wouldnt move when in gear no bangs or nothing like that just wouldnt move , as i was un doing things i noticed 1 of the circlips of 1 of the driveshafts in one of the seals on the gearbox ,so then had a look at my inner cvs and if im correct i think it has snapped the part where the clip goes on there is no where to hold the clip in on 1 of them and the other shaft has this, with the clip still there should'nt both inner cvs be the same ??

wwmnw
09-02-11, 01:03 AM
Fail.

Upload to photobucket first.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BALLYN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BALLYN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BALLYN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BALLYN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/BALLYN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.pngwell finally took my gearbox and engine out of my car today due to the other day giving it a bit and then all of a sudden car wouldnt move when in gear no bangs or nothing like that just wouldnt move , as i was un doing things i noticed 1 of the circlips of 1 of the driveshafts in one of the seals on the gearbox ,so then had a look at my inner cvs and if im correct i think it has snapped the part where the clip goes on there is no where to hold the clip in on 1 of them and the other shaft has this, with the clip still there should'nt both inner cvs be the same ??