PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Marmite retro Chevette

Dan Stanley
08-02-11, 06:36 PM
I followed this on the way home, hence the 'trough the windscreen camera phone pic'. It was the cleanest 30 year old car Ive ever seen still driven by an old person! Didnt seem to be any dents or rust, not even a ding or two in the chrome bumpers. Got to love the rubber door mat style vauxhall mudflaps and the lambs wool/furry seat covers! The only let down was the cheap wheel trims cable tied onto the steelies. It even had original dealer number plates and rear window sticker to my local Vauxhall dealers.
:eek: lol

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx224/DanStanley/Misc%20car%20photos/htcphonepics083.jpg

Isnt the top colour that Bartyl brown we were talking about in the early SR seats thread? The bottom colour just looked like Brazil brown.
I want this soo bad!! :thumb: :cool:

Spudly
08-02-11, 06:40 PM
Wow thats exactly the same as my mates first car, he passed his test a few months after turning 17 and his rents got him one of those, was a 1300 and he got rather adept at drifting it in the wet lol

Dan Stanley
08-02-11, 06:52 PM
I couldnt stop laughing at it, even the hosepipe diameter exhasutmade me chuckle. I wonder what point in my life I actually started to think old brown cars were cool?!!
I must be beyond help by now......
lol

Iain
08-02-11, 06:53 PM
Marmite is a bit darker than that.

TeddyThom
08-02-11, 06:54 PM
Wow thats exactly the same as my mates first car, he passed his test a few months after turning 17 and his rents got him one of those, was a 1300 and he got rather adept at drifting it in the wet lol

Rear wheel drive then?

Spudly
08-02-11, 07:02 PM
Yeah chevettes are rear wheel steer lol

Dan Stanley
08-02-11, 07:04 PM
Marmite is a bit darker than that.

I was thinking more along the lines of some people will love it, others hate it though Iain!!!

D'oh!
lol

saloonwoody
08-02-11, 07:15 PM
wtf are they doin on the cross hatches !

Dan Stanley
08-02-11, 07:18 PM
Thats the back of a queue waiting to turn right at a set of lights. IIRC, you can cross them if they aren't bordered by solid white lines, but dont quote me...

Rob
08-02-11, 07:20 PM
WANT :thumb: