PDA

View Full Version : Saab turbo conversion

tashley6
07-02-11, 12:29 PM
Has anyone fitted a 2.0l saab turbo in a vaux nova? Been exploring the idea and only found an astra ive herd the block is arround 2inches longer due to timing chain and the pots are slightly wider apart also thay do have gm bell housing well the later 1s do!! Afterinfo any advice and also wiring?

MattBrown
07-02-11, 11:30 PM
Phill has a 2.3 litre Saab turbo lump to put in a nova.

When he finishes the 4x4 lol

Needs the chassis leg cutting open, and serious surgery.

tashley6
08-02-11, 06:07 PM
Ye like i mentioned 2inch longer its alot but not a big job for a fabricator which i am lol but the only prob is the car is my daily car so nit good idea if i cant get it running quick once in also ive heard the 2.0l is the better engine as the 2.3 has a bad rod angle

autoworksnovasport
08-02-11, 06:52 PM
the rod angle on the 2.3 is ok up to about 6 thousand revs but no more! they are both about the same you can get power wise! there not so much longer but they are deeper than say a redtop engine as you say due to the timing chain not sure which ones fit vauxhall boxes i havent even started mine yet as matt said got to finish the 4x4 yet haha

tashley6
08-02-11, 07:01 PM
Haha thats a sound project you got and ye thats what i herd up to 6400rpm im thinking of the 2.0l conversion but unsure on wireing ive read up that some looms have some kind of imobiliser on the fuleing side of things and i belive its the later 9000 that have the gm bell housing if thats any help

autoworksnovasport
08-02-11, 07:08 PM
if you need wiring help go on to migweb and speak to a chap called nige-p hes done a mk3 astra and knows alot about the wiring on them

tashley6
08-02-11, 07:39 PM
Sound cheers m8

Nobby
08-02-11, 10:37 PM
has been done somewhere in europe and i did alot of research to put one into my mk2 astra but changed my mind, the os chassing leg needs completely cutting out and reworking the wiring needs a speed signal to run the engne so some kind of signal needs to be made. Its alot of work.

autoworksnovasport
08-02-11, 11:06 PM
you can run a speed signal from the abs sensors