PDA

View Full Version : Ignition? someone please!

Paracidium
11-06-03, 10:09 PM
Does anyone knnow on the ignition keyswich on the steering column which one of the four wires is the live, cos i need to find the wire that feeds the ignition coil, i have traced it back to the subber bushes in the engine compartment but cant find which one on the loom of like 20 wires which one it is as it enters the inside of the car? anyone know?
u see im trying to wire a killswitch to this feed wire but not avin any luck! ive been tryin all day and got three wrong wires! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Aragorn
11-06-03, 11:29 PM
um the easyest way is to cut the wires AT the coil then run a 2 core cable inside the car

connect a switch across the 2 cores and connect the feed wire to one side and the coil wire to teh other side

SKoob
12-06-03, 12:05 AM
get a circuit tester

YellowTurbo
12-06-03, 12:14 AM
get a multimeter from maplin only ?5 buy one get one free at the moment......then just connect that to each wire to find out which one is permenent live

Aragorn
12-06-03, 10:19 AM
what use is a circuit tester when your trying 2 find one specific black wire among 20

they'll all read the same

and the coil dont run off a perm live

my idea is by far the easiest way to achieve what u want so i cant see any reason why u wouldnt do that :o

Paracidium
12-06-03, 10:32 AM
Yeh that was what i was thinkin cos if the ignition coil was on a permanant live the ignition wouldnt stop turning, i think im gonna go with ur idea about cutting in the engine compartment, common sense really!, cheers :D