05-02-11, 01:00 AM
hi, someones just dented my passenger door in the car park :mad:

whats the best way to take this out it is quiet big :(

Dave.
05-02-11, 01:04 AM
Card off, locate dent, try and push it out by hand/foot :thumb:

Dan Stanley
05-02-11, 01:09 AM
I had something similar happen to mine. I couldnt justify the cost of a new door, painted and fitted. So I got a professional to push the dent out. I then fillered and rattle can painted the worst of the dent. It doesnt look too bad and only cost me £65ish to get e reasonable finish. Its not perfect, but my nova isnt a big budget car so it doesnt matter.
Its a killer when someone damages your pride and joy and then just fecks off without even considering the consequences for you. :-[

Dan Stanley
05-02-11, 01:09 AM
I had something similar happen to mine. I couldnt justify the cost of a new door, painted and fitted. So I got a professional to push the dent out. I then fillered and rattle can painted the worst of the dent. It doesnt look too bad and only cost me £65ish to get e reasonable finish. Its not perfect, but my nova isnt a big budget car so it doesnt matter.
Its a killer when someone damages your pride and joy and then just fecks off without even considering the consequences for you. :-[

Asa-James
05-02-11, 01:23 AM
Dentmaster or dent genie, or some other generic local painless dent removal company, usually dont cost the earth and do a very good job (we use a guy who charges £35 a panel, regardless of the number or size of dents)

Hobbit
05-02-11, 01:42 AM
Dentmaster or dent genie, or some other generic local painless dent removal company, usually dont cost the earth and do a very good job (we use a guy who charges £35 a panel, regardless of the number or size of dents)

:eek: does it normally hurt?

Derick-Sport
05-02-11, 08:49 AM
hairdryer and can of compressed air or brake cleaner, heat the dent till panel is warm then turn can upside down and spray on dent edges first then inwards and the dent will ping out this works most of the time

Jeff16v
05-02-11, 09:01 AM
hairdryer and can of compressed air or brake cleaner, heat the dent till panel is warm then turn can upside down and spray on dent edges first then inwards and the dent will ping out this works most of the time

I have watched this method many times in the web, not sure whether. Nova's panel can remember where to spring back tolol

I prefer superglueing me lips to said dent then trying to remove myself.

L14MNP
05-02-11, 10:36 AM
^ MY Laguna wouldn't play ball after someone booted the door. I even used a dent puller. lol

crazynovagsi
05-02-11, 12:24 PM
heress some pics of it.. i think my best option might be to give it to the dent masters.

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/n1lz/DSC00387.jpg

http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/n1lz/DSC00386.jpg

MattBrown
05-02-11, 12:45 PM
That's not an accident that.

That's out of order by a long way!

sr jack
05-02-11, 12:47 PM
i was told that the you should reverse the dent. which would be the highest point on the inside of the door.

By the looks of things you wont get all of that dent out because its dented right on swage lines.

Pistol Pete
05-02-11, 12:53 PM
That might push out. Will still be a dent top and bottom.

Thats the best colour of a Nova you have there BTW :d

crazynovagsi
05-02-11, 01:06 PM
ye i know thats definatly not a accident :( n they hit the clean door that had no rust.

Yep i think there will still be a dent as its inbetween the main line.

Cheers mate

Dan Stanley
05-02-11, 01:11 PM
Thats the best colour of a Nova you have there BTW :d

^^^I second that^^^

I used Dent menics 07939172204, he's retired but still takes on work. He's based in ilford and charges £35 a panel, £50 for two panels. He did exactly the same style dent on my door but the dent had a crease which meant it wouldnt come completely out. It made the door look a lot better, but has a left a mark when you look at it up close.

Jeff16v
05-02-11, 01:11 PM
I've previously used a wallpaper edge roller, the do some nice rubber wheeled ones and started round the outside of the dent rolling it smaller and smaller. If you go straight for the middle it probably won't all pop out and you'll be left with a mess. Practice is the key though.

Mike
05-02-11, 01:20 PM
Block of wood & a lump hammer lol sorted my van out a treat lol lol

Jeff16v
05-02-11, 01:26 PM
Block of wood & a lump hammer lol sorted my van out a treat lol lol
Oh dear!

Spudly
05-02-11, 01:39 PM
Just smack it out from the inside with your hand, 90% of that will come out, if not then measure it precisely and bung another dent on the other door, will match then and wont look so odd lol

L14MNP
05-02-11, 01:48 PM
Sorry about the dent mate. Breeze blue FTW!

Hoy the skirts in the bin though please!

nova gsi ian
06-02-11, 11:58 AM
New door needed dents to big and damaged on the lines, new door and a repaint only way forward

Pistol Pete
06-02-11, 01:26 PM
Not really ^ can be repaired quite easily IMO.

L14MNP
06-02-11, 01:31 PM
I think he wants an easily repairable, rust free door that may appear in the for sale section... lol