PDA

View Full Version : cavy owners :p

pie
04-02-11, 06:32 PM
how many types of leather came in mk3 cavaliers?

thanks

:thumb:

pics would be great :p

L14MNP
04-02-11, 06:38 PM
None.

Pleather/plastic/Olde English vinyl is what you wanna be researching mate. lol

Bubba
04-02-11, 06:40 PM
2...iirc

turbo and dippy

Bubba
04-02-11, 06:41 PM
tubby

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/pitstoppete/dippybeaut/PetesTurboLeather001.jpg

Dippy

http://www.mk3oc.com/forum/uploads/256/15042007555.jpg

pie
04-02-11, 06:44 PM
thanks bubba

rep for you sir :p

pie
04-02-11, 06:46 PM
whats the dif bubba?

are the turbo ones narrower?

thanks

L14MNP
04-02-11, 06:49 PM
Turbo ones look to have deeper bolsters, and are more of a 'sports' seat. The leather looks tighter too, but that could be age.

Bubba
04-02-11, 07:00 PM
i think its mostly in the bolsters...although the v6 i had for spares the seats were alot softer that the cally turbo my missus had, i kinda prefered the dippy ones as i am a hefty bugger

ECO16V
04-02-11, 07:33 PM
Yep was just the bolsters that were different, turbo seats are the same as Calibra 1's.

Bubba
04-02-11, 07:46 PM
Yep was just the bolsters that were different, turbo seats are the same as Calibra 1's.

except the back bench

ste porter
04-02-11, 08:44 PM

cav turbo seats are nothing like calibra turbo ones

cav turbo seats are exactly the same as nova gsi seats at first glance with regards to shape
they are the same bolsters ect aswell as depth but obviously leather heated and have lower and upper lumber adjustment

dippy seats look the same as cav turbo seats except the bolsters look asthough they have been spread and flaterned but they to have lumbar adjustment are heated and have the same leather covering as turbo seats but the leather is more tightly strung
due to age ect and how tight the leather was originaly diplomat seats now apear to have more slack in the leather due to stretch and general wear

calibra turbo seats are completly different they are wider have short stubby bolsters and are covered in a perferated leather not smoth hide like the above 2
calibra leather also does not have lumbar suport but was available in cream

Bubba
04-02-11, 08:56 PM
i stand corrected :P

BUT cav ones dont have the flippy forward thing either. so calibra ones would be better in a nova (kill them calibras :thumb:)

pie
04-02-11, 10:37 PM
thank you mr porter :thumb:

Jack
04-02-11, 11:17 PM
Dippy?

MK999
04-02-11, 11:20 PM
Dippy?

Diplomat I imagine?

brainsnova
04-02-11, 11:28 PM
Cav seats do tilt forward if you know how :p

Jack
04-02-11, 11:30 PM
Diplomat I imagine?
Ahhhh.

ste porter
05-02-11, 12:18 AM
the other thing i forgot to mention was that what you know as dippy (diplomat) seats were also fitted to cav gsi's aswell but are rare from the factory as they were a silly exspensive optional extra to be honest i didnt know that untill i brought my gsi 2000 4x4 i just asumed someone had retro fitted them but i had the original bill for sale and they were on there at a little over a thousand quid along with a 200 quid bill for fitment before collection.
bare in mind that was 1991 that was alot of money!

Bubba
05-02-11, 12:30 AM
Diplomat I imagine?

yep

Spudly
05-02-11, 02:13 AM
Glad porter corrected you failers:p

There were also two colours on the 'diplomat' leather, a really dark charcoal grey and black, theyre all actually recaro seats as its on the branding under the trim and on the coushions, and the turbo seats are more like the ones that pop into your head when someone says 'recaro seats' :d

Southie
05-02-11, 09:43 AM
Mr Porter, with all your brilliant knowledge how is it you still get bloody "brought" and "bought" mixed up lol

mowgli
05-02-11, 10:13 AM
Mr Porter, with all your brilliant knowledge how is it you still get bloody "brought" and "bought" mixed up lol

you have balls of steel with talk like that......

ste porter
05-02-11, 01:11 PM

im a grease monkey not a dictionary

i think with my hands not my head. English was never a strong point of mine my head has and always will be all about the mechanics and workings of objects not how you spell there name.

i cant look at anything in life without thinking about whats going on inside it and making it work in a way its a downfall because i cant just look at something and think thats smart i like that
i have to think the way that works is cleaver. It must have this that and the other going on to make it work

as a result theres no room left in my head to take on english lit lol

Spudly
05-02-11, 01:40 PM
Lmfao ill let you off on that one Ste cos thats an amusing explanation and sums you up pretty nicely lol

Saloony
05-02-11, 01:44 PM
Errr Porter, thats a funny option to offer, the 'dippy' leather is hardly for what was affectively a sports edition. So to offer luxury leather seems a bit far fetched and to look very odd in that edition. Seats are meant to hold you unlike the armchairs from the dippy.

Spudly
05-02-11, 01:49 PM
This is very true Craig but iirc he is correct as the turbo wasnt in production when leather was offered as an option on ths GSi, the diplomat leather was all they had 'kicking about' for that option.

Afaik they just had the 4x4 GSi interior retrimmed by an out of house leather makers for when they cobbled the turbo together, i may be wrong but im sure thats about right:d

Saloony
05-02-11, 01:56 PM
But even then we didnt see the earliest dippy till late J plates (92)

Spudly
05-02-11, 02:02 PM
Hmmm, unless the leather from a carlton is the same, this might explain where it was sourced from but with vauxhall who knows, it couldve come from a lada they had in the carpark lol

ste porter
06-02-11, 01:46 AM
bare in mind after all the cav gsi wasnt an out and out sports car it was a sporty family saloon after all and snaped up as rep cars what better interiour for motor way distances than dippy leather

Hobbit
06-02-11, 02:05 AM
i cant look at anything in life without thinking about whats going on inside it and making it work

Even woman?

shed-on-wheels
06-02-11, 02:05 AM
2 pie

brainsnova
06-02-11, 02:46 AM
Dippy leather had a split rear seat base and the gsi was one piece on the 4x4 model how did they get round this if you opted for dippy seats.

Spudly
06-02-11, 03:07 AM
Errr, 4x4 leather is 60/40 split same as any other, the only difference lies in the seat base as theyre shaped differently to allow for the transmission tunnel and the rear diff:p

Mark
06-02-11, 08:41 AM
My TD has working Heated Dippy leather....That'll be junked soon..lol