PDA

View Full Version : C16XE turbo holding back

comptoncj
03-02-11, 06:26 PM
My nova is still holding back above about 5000 rpm i thought it was linked with the alternator packing up but i have fixed that issue and its still like it, partial throttle it pulls fine but full throttle above 5000rpm it is very flat. Anyone got any ideas the boost is staying at 6psi and the plugs look a wee bit sooty.

Edd
03-02-11, 06:32 PM
Probably down to your running the standard GM ecu

Also iirc you have a Pressure switch wired into the TPS, that could be faulty, it's a part from RS electrical, bout £7 maybe worth a shot

Craig had simuler probs I think, he put itdoen to the actuator ?

Are you still running the bleed/boost valve that Craig fitted ?

Rich
03-02-11, 06:33 PM
fueling? i would get it looked at, has it been set up?

comptoncj
03-02-11, 06:37 PM
Probably down to your running the standard GM ecu

Also iirc you have a Pressure switch wired into the TPS, that could be faulty, it's a part from RS electrical, bout £7 maybe worth a shot

Craig had simuler probs I think, he put itdoen to the actuator ?

Are you still running the bleed/boost valve that Craig fitted ?

Yeah im using the valve that craig used but its now controlling a regal c20let actuator. It wasnt like it when i first put the engine in it used to never stop pulling but now it goes flat. ive got a better fuel pump lined up for it as i am using a starndard mpi one at the moment. maybe that will cure it as it seems a bit fuel related as the boost doesnt drop off.

Edd
03-02-11, 06:40 PM
If your under/over fueling it I would not use it until you've got to the cause of the problem tbh mate