PDA

View Full Version : Andy Burton.

MK1_Ben
02-02-11, 11:58 PM
Rally Fans here will probably have seen him. I've been watching this guy for years (since his Alfa Ferrari days), a discussion in another thread reminded me of his car. Currently it's probably the closest you can get to a Group B car in todays Rallying (however I believe this is the last year MSA regulations allow it to race).

He's a Potato Farmer by trade, and has built the car pretty much entirely himself which adds to the awesomeness of it.

Originally a Spaceframed 306 Maxi ice racing car, now running a mid-mounted 2.9L Cosworth V6 Touring car engine (downtuned to 300bhp for regs).

Since he ironed out all the niggles in it (several years ago), it has come first in pretty much every rally it's been in, recently he was running faster times on the WRC stages than some of the actual WRC cars and drivers themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2IK1lACvj0

Have a watch and you'll see how it's like the Group B days :)

Lee
03-02-11, 12:03 AM
Always look forward to seeing RB's car when I go up to dans for the serridge stages of the BRTDA.

Its certainly not won every rally its entered, but it HAS won all the rallies its finished lol

MK1_Ben
03-02-11, 12:07 AM
Crucial phrase was "pretty much" ;)

I believe Perez beat him quite a few times last year, but then again Perez is a multi-millionaire and drives an Ex-WRC car :)

wwmnw
03-02-11, 01:03 AM
:eek: **** me that car doesn't hang around long for a mere 300 BHP. Sounds awesome too!

Its now on my exclusive list of cars to see in action

Colin's Nova
This Pug

I'd better hurry up if it may not be running much longer.

Hobbit
03-02-11, 01:20 AM
thats two pugrots I've thought "WANT!" in the space of a week. Must go have a shower.

MK1_Ben
03-02-11, 01:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-J7o4w25E

MK999
03-02-11, 02:26 AM
thats two cars with pugrots badges but entirely different, non french technology in them I've thought "WANT!" in the space of a week. Must go have a shower.

Edited to make you feel better :)