PDA

View Full Version : Alternator belt with twin 40s

steg1970
02-02-11, 11:55 AM
I've measured my alt belt at 868mm, is this the original 'Sport' size when used with 40s? My belt is at the maximum adjustment and could do with a tweek more.

I was thinking of getting a slightly shorter belt, say 860mm, this should give me the adjustment I need. Does anyone make such a size? The Gates catalogue is impossible to use as it has no option for Vauxhall/Opel/GM.

Ta

mark fairhurst
02-02-11, 12:29 PM
I've measured my alt belt at 868mm, is this the original 'Sport' size when used with 40s? My belt is at the maximum adjustment and could do with a tweek more.

I was thinking of getting a slightly shorter belt, say 860mm, this should give me the adjustment I need. Does anyone make such a size? The Gates catalogue is impossible to use as it has no option for Vauxhall/Opel/GM.

Tago to local motor factors they will give u a shorter one no problem job done

mowgli
02-02-11, 12:31 PM
ring an industrial bearing supplier if the motor factor can't help

comptoncj
02-02-11, 06:02 PM
I used an 864mm belt on my nova with 40s so there are some shorter ones 860 would work but make sure you have enough adjustment to get the short belt on.

C612DNM
02-02-11, 10:43 PM
I used an 864mm belt on my nova with 40s so there are some shorter ones 860 would work but make sure you have enough adjustment to get the short belt on.

The part number is on the inside of the workshop cupboard door boy!

Though that doesn't help the OP!!

Yes - motorfactors
Yes - industrial suppliers

The latter may be more expensive, but often are far better quality belts