PDA

View Full Version : Donnington Park track day

CP
11-06-03, 10:52 AM
Went to the above yesterday :D

Was very good day - no noise restrictions so there was some pretty exotic stuff there like old F1 cars from times gone by. Not too sure what they all were but there was summink similar to the black JPS racers, a Saudia liveried Cosworth powered thing and some old stuff like an Alfa Romeo from the 1960's or earlier at a guess and a saloon shaped Porsche which has raced at Le Mans. Jeez these things are noisy!
On the more std front there were loads of porsches of every concievable type, some BMW's ( road going and saloon race cars) a few TVR's, a couple of Ferraris, one of which was fully race prepped, some Cossies inc. one which was fully raced prepped to look and go like Andy Rouses Kaliber 500 he used to storm the saloon car series 10 - 15 yrs ago. There were a couple of Westie/Caterham types there, a Pug 205 Gti and loads of other stuff new and old. Some std cars were out - a soft top Saab with the hood down :lol: an Alpha Romeo twin spark which was quick in the wet and even........ a new shape Vectra which was about the slowest thing there :lol:

Overall very good day - both me and MC had some pant wetting moments in the dry and the wet but got away with it :o
Very nice circuit - if you get chance to drive it, its well worth it esp the Craner curves :D

RobHardyUK
11-06-03, 11:20 AM
Wicked! How much did it cost?

Jim
11-06-03, 12:10 PM
Boy Racers :roll:

LOL, glad you had fun :)

Jim

Tilly
11-06-03, 01:26 PM
Boys n there toys

Ste_Nova
11-06-03, 01:29 PM
Boys n there toys

at least our toys have petrol engines not batterys

Tilly
11-06-03, 01:33 PM
oooooooooooooh shut up. i think you'll find my toys has petrol 2

RobHardyUK
11-06-03, 01:43 PM
lol, i got electric cars!

wisewood
11-06-03, 01:50 PM
oooooooooooooh shut up. i think you'll find my toys has petrol 2

batteries just not up to the job anymore Tilly?? :lol:

sounds like it was a good day mate.
tell us more about the trouser soiling moments you had then...

Tilly
11-06-03, 05:52 PM
think this has something to do with a young lady who was also on the track :lol: :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
12-06-03, 12:01 AM
Boys n there toys

at least our toys have petrol engines not batterys

All my cars have always had a battery! :o