PDA

View Full Version : twin 40s c16xe

boyd_1989
02-02-11, 04:25 AM
Hi i was thinking about putting some twin 40s on my c16xe and was just wondering wot i would need to change, can any 1 help me?

C612DNM
02-02-11, 05:14 AM
Obviously, inlet manifold, and get a good quality air filter setup - dirt does the valve seats in, and that's power down the drain. Plus it wears the bores, and generally fubars the engine.

You're going to need an ignition ECU - like a megajolt, or similar, plus a change of fuel pump from the high pressure injection setup to a conventional low pressure pump, with the associated power supply wiring - because the old ECU had some control over the old high pressure pump.

If you fit carbs with "choke" (start enrichment), then you'll need to fit a "choke" cable & pull somewhere - you can get these from many of the kit-car parts suppliers, or even a good motor factors might have them.

If you're doing this to a Corsa, then you may find that it won't pass the emissions on MoT, if it's a Nova Mk1 (early, pre-cat) you'll be fine.

I don't think I've missed much.

You also might need to change your toothpaste due to the grin factor of the intake noise. Nothing worse than moss-teeth.

When you've got it all fitted, get it onto a rolling road and have the carbs jetted and ignition mapped to suit.

After all that's done, you might find that throttle bodies on injection would be just as cost effective, and they are much more driveable, with 40mm bodies producing more power than 40DCOEs because they don't have chokes/venturis restricting the flow. With good mapping, it'll pass emissions on the MoT.

The other plus points are cold starting, and the fact that 40's can be a beeeaaatch if you stall it and it floods, where injection will just fire straight up.

boyd_1989
02-02-11, 05:30 AM
hi, thanks for info.
wer can u get the megajolt ignition n ecu... from and how much will it cost?

Dayle_
02-02-11, 08:44 AM
Mtech automotive sell the megajolt set ups. Or DTA sell a S40 ignition only for about £320

C612DNM
02-02-11, 10:19 PM
DTA is good.