PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hello

iceni
01-02-11, 11:31 PM
Hi Guys

Now i can post some pic i throught i'd better say hi and give you some back ground as there may be some members thinking whos this C*&k.

Well my name is Andy and i do pop up on other forums namely the Autobahn Stormers, Opel Manta Owners, Omega Owners and a few others so you may have seen me about. I was also involved in the PNG the first time round as i used to work with Mark Watts who i think had one of the first Nova Turbos.

I've been with and on vauxhall's for over twenty five years as i'm now the Ass' Parts Manager athe Vauxhall Dealership in Bury St Edmunds and i also have my owner part time business doing Service, Repairs, Restorations & Parts for Classic Vauxhall Opel Cars..

The fleet at the moment is
Omega Saloon 2.5 V6 Auto (The other half drives it)
Nova 5 door Hatch 1.2 merit ( my daily drive)
Mk3 Cavailer Hatch 2.0 8v Auto (garaged for the 2 years may be going banga racing)
Manta GTE Coupe 2.5 V6 ( Still being built after to many years)
Opel GT 1969 Full restoration

Also look after two other Manta Coupes, one of which i re-built from a bare shell and i also have a S1 Senator which is in for part restoration.

Haven't may pics of the cars

Couple of the Nova from last week
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/andyc2411/novamerit004.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/andyc2411/novamerit001.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/andyc2411/novamerit003.jpg
Not sure if you make out the mileage but its now just turned 57k and thats orginal and before anyones asks, no i'm not doing anything to it.

I've a couple of jobs to do on it. The first will be to change the carb as i've a lite load mis fire at about 55-60 mph which i think is the enrichment diaphram playing up. As luck would have it a friend of mine brought a load on NOS from a dealer and there happened to be a new carb amongest the parts.

Lower front panel is also going to need another going over but i might end up putting in a replacement..

Thats about it but i'll see if i can get some pics of the other cars

Cheers
Andy

bazil
01-02-11, 11:34 PM
Hi andy

Do you have a wip for the GT resto? Or a few snaps would be nice :)

iceni
01-02-11, 11:42 PM
Thats on the back burner at the moment as i have to decide if i get the Manta finished, which might get a step closer tomorrow night, or get on with the GT.

Not sure yet but the Senator is the next big job as thats going to pay for one of the others.

I'm thinking of just running a blog on all the work then if people wnat to subscibe to it they can

I do have some pics of the GT as she is at the moment but i'll need to dig the out

Cheers
Andy

wwmnw
01-02-11, 11:43 PM
Hi Andy.

Damo
02-02-11, 08:42 PM
Hi andy welcome mate.

ryansnova
02-02-11, 09:13 PM
welcome. :D

mk1nova_rich
02-02-11, 09:16 PM
Welcome mate :)

Nova_Tek
02-02-11, 09:16 PM
welcome mate, unusual door cards :)

Lynsey
02-02-11, 10:07 PM
Welcome to our silly world :)

88ESR
02-02-11, 10:10 PM
Hello hello hello....

Jack
02-02-11, 11:11 PM
welcome mate, unusual door cards :)
Standard fare for the 5drs are they not?

Welcome to PNG - get some snaps up of the Senator :d :d