PDA

View Full Version : Egypt

Jack
31-01-11, 07:15 PM
Putting aside the general chaos in Cairo at the moment, I'm looking for a bit of holiday-weather advice.

Considering visiting Sharm El Sheikh this year; prices are cheapest around late-august time, but I'm putting that down to it being middle of the hot season! Other option is mid October when its cooled off a little bit.

Has anyone been to that region around that time (August or October)? How hot/humid is it? I don't want to go on holiday and end up melting :(

Hayley
31-01-11, 07:27 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8h-37zyd0Ss/SkkZHDVAlII/AAAAAAAABmg/0y569kRcpkg/s1600/hot%2Bweather%2B3.jpg

Grey
31-01-11, 07:31 PM
^^ lol lmao My mrs went there 2009 in august, it was hot for her but then again she is a hormonal female (no affence ladies) she went with her nephew and her sister. id say go for it but stay near the pool :cool: :thumb:

Edd
31-01-11, 07:37 PM
we went in nov 09 it was 33c then to give you a idea on the temp

awesome snorkeling, went quad biking in the desert which was top as well

id go again for sure

Hayley
31-01-11, 07:41 PM
My mrs went there 2009 in august, it was hot for her but then again she is a hormonal female (no affence ladies)

Well i must agree with you on that one. Me and Jack can be sat on the same sofa and he will be boiling hot and ill be freezing cold. weird.

mk1nova_rich
31-01-11, 08:14 PM
After last year's shark attacks, and the current events I'd bet on prices taking a nice tumble so I imagine some nice deals to be had lol

phazer
31-01-11, 08:41 PM
Late 30's, early 40's in October - about as hot as you want?

Can get as high as late 40's maybe 50's in the height of summer.

Jack
31-01-11, 10:08 PM
Hot is fine, I was walking around in kaf with long sleeves and trousers on in ~45'c sun, but that was a dry heat. Its the humidity I don't like :(

bazil
31-01-11, 10:46 PM
a sadly departed friend was there last year, 52 degrees before a sand storm, he wasnt impressed by the resort either and ive heard a few similar stories aswell,

Jack
31-01-11, 11:00 PM
Do you know what resort they stayed at?

Sharm el Sheikh seems to be made up of nothing but holiday resorts! There's quite a range in terms of quality!

bazil
31-01-11, 11:10 PM
Do you know what resort they stayed at?

Sharm el Sheikh seems to be made up of nothing but holiday resorts! There's quite a range in terms of quality!

not entirerly sure Jack, the guy passed away not long after returning, not related to the holiday, heart attack, it was late summer he was there, then heard 2 more bad reports in mid august, id do a little more research :thumb:

sorry i can be more help.

db_1.2
01-02-11, 08:45 AM
Ive been to Africa on what was they're hottest day of the year 48c. Didn't even break a sweat. Like you said Jack. It's not the temperature, it's the humidity.

mowgli
01-02-11, 09:23 AM
my sis lives in cyprus. they always come to england in august to get away from the heat.... i went to crete in the last week of october & it was still plenty hot enough.

Jack
01-02-11, 09:36 AM
I know Cyprus is humid though, each time I've stepped off the aircraft there the humidity has been like a punch in the face lol

Jeff16v
01-02-11, 10:56 AM
I went to cyprus last year and it had a heatwave of upto 50. Egypt is a whole different thing, its around 45 at nightlol

please someone photoshop Jack in a yashmak:thumb:

Paul
01-02-11, 11:21 AM
My mum n sister go every year. Theve been as early as may and as late as october, neither are massive fans of the heat so i imagine it cant be too bad...

Good iphone wigout?