PDA

View Full Version : C20LET oil pump, best place to buy?

AlanH
30-01-11, 02:04 PM
as above, just got the LET running in my nova but no oil pressure :( new shells etc. so f*** risking it, just gonna replace it. Wheres best/cheapest and am i better off using a stock one or modded VXR item?
cheers
alan

krobinson
30-01-11, 02:36 PM
Standard one! I got a new genuine one whilst in Germany from Opel so they are still available!

Paul
30-01-11, 03:30 PM
Use a 100k GM one over a mickey mouse one.

The best answer is ZLET though. You need to speak to SBS.

Damo
30-01-11, 03:55 PM
Use a 100k GM one over a mickey mouse one.

The best answer is ZLET though. You need to speak to SBS.

As paul said id use a worn 100k one over a non genny one anyday just rebuild it and clean it out.

Have you checked the relief valve see if its sticking.

AlanH
30-01-11, 05:35 PM
havent stripped it yet, will look into it. are there any guides anywhere on how to rebuild them and what parts would i need? anything worth modifying/upgrading on it while its apart? i've heard a few people talking about gear failures on them
regards
alan

Damo
30-01-11, 06:06 PM
There straight forward to strip alan theres 5 screws once you have it off the engine on the back you can then take the cover off and inspect the gears. Yes the gears fail ive just managed to grab an ebay bargain of both gears brand new genuine GM for 3 quid for a spare i have lol.

AlanH
30-01-11, 07:26 PM
Oh nice one! Thanks for that. Will get some pics up and put a how to guide in articles

Damo
30-01-11, 07:30 PM
Oh nice one! Thanks for that. Will get some pics up and put a how to guide in articles

Nice one top man.;)