PDA

View Full Version : weber 32/34?

clubberlang23
30-01-11, 12:20 PM
Temped to fit to my 1.3 sr, what to you need to convert and what are the pros/cons?

comptoncj
30-01-11, 12:29 PM
Better starting and slight gain in performance IIRC. Not sure if you need an adapter plate to mount it to the inlet manifold and you will need a choke cable. if it were me i would save for some twin 40 webers.

clubberlang23
30-01-11, 12:47 PM
Better starting and slight gain in performance IIRC. Not sure if you need an adapter plate to mount it to the inlet manifold and you will need a choke cable. if it were me i would save for some twin 40 webers.

Would love twin 40s but not really ideal for everyday use plus i won't to keep it looking standard. I can make the adapter up as I'm a precision engineer by trade so shouldn't be a problem, just wasn't sure about linkage/cable etc. Cheers for the info pal

garyc
30-01-11, 02:59 PM
I'd say get a full kit as that will have the plate and already be jetted. I'm sure that will be cheaper in the long run.

sr jack
30-01-11, 04:10 PM
Yes I had one on my sr. It made 89hp on a standard engine. You need a adaptor plate for the manifold and a choke cable from a 1.2/3/1.0 carb and you can buy a adaptor for a pipercross airfilter.