PDA

View Full Version : xe inlet what part to chop off

sneakycorsa
29-01-11, 10:08 PM
when fitting a xe/let into nova, has any body got a photo of the section/lug on the inlet manifold that needs to be cut off/ ground down ?

Lee H
29-01-11, 10:13 PM
I've never cut anything of the inlet on the 15+ XE/LET conversions I have done.

draper
29-01-11, 10:14 PM
i think you mean trimming the heater matrix pipes ? (read it in a TV how to once)

Iain
29-01-11, 10:17 PM
I'm sure in Lee's guide it mentions a lug that potentially needs removing to make more room for the matrix pipe.

sneakycorsa
29-01-11, 11:08 PM
Yh done the matrix pipe but as iain said in lees guide it says there it a lug on the inlet manifold that can cause problems but i was not sure myself which bit,

LEE H if you have done 15+ conversions and had no problems with this lug then that sounds good to me i'll leave alone....

Mazz
29-01-11, 11:15 PM
I didn't cut one off on mine either..

Pistol Pete
30-01-11, 09:45 AM
On the 20XE inlet manifold there may be a lug on the part that comes around where the inlet runners meet, this comes into contact with the drivers side heater matrix hose, and needs to be ground off. As well as that, whether you have that lug or not, you still need to cut down the drivers side heater matrix hose by at least 10mm, but take off as much as you can to give that hose more room to bend down under the inlet manifold.

Hmmm, maybe the lug isnt on every one?? I didnt do anything to mine, and the matrix i had had already been trimmed.

Graeme
30-01-11, 09:48 AM
I've never chopped anything off an inlet manifold just a gearbox

Pistol Pete
30-01-11, 09:53 AM
^ Same.

Damo
30-01-11, 10:19 AM
Ive never trimmed anything off mine either the only thing i can think of is where the manifold runs down at the bottom on the gearbox side theres a bit of webbing that rubs on the matirix pipe mine did but depends again where its routed.

General Baxter
30-01-11, 05:41 PM
i remember this,

on the manifold with the TC on it, there was an extra tug on the bottom which ****ed up the clutch cable