PDA

View Full Version : Chinese new year banned cartoon

Yorkie
28-01-11, 06:51 AM
Well i got up early for work this morning and the news happend to be on, and it was discusing a cartoon that has been banned in china. Its about tigers treating rabbits horriby then the rabbits over rule the tigers. as it is the chinee new year for the bunnies. Well they howed a clip of this cartoon and its wel grusome!!!!!! I cant believe they would make a cartoon for children like thi! i cant believe they howed bits of it on the news tooo!!! was deffinetly after 9 0 clock material. Any who i found it on youtube, have a look if you want it pretty grusome. I can see why it was banned lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2qbWctMx9w

:wtf: weird or what?

Discuss opinions

pikey1986
28-01-11, 09:35 AM
WTF? thats some properly weird and funked up 5hit

db_1.2
28-01-11, 09:47 AM
Lol crazy Chinese

phazer
28-01-11, 09:48 AM
So basically a public information film that bunnies all have myxomatosis and you should burn, shoot and run them all over lol

mowgli
28-01-11, 11:16 AM
That Is Not Funny....

Tanya.
28-01-11, 11:33 AM
Reminds me of Happy Tree Friends in a way, which is also quite gross.

mowgli
28-01-11, 11:55 AM
happy tree friends was ok for 30 seconds, then was just the same violence & jolliness for the rest of the series.

Lewis.
28-01-11, 02:07 PM
I don't think it was particularly the violence that was the reason for it being banned, more the parallels with chinese society, which of course does not go down well with communist leaders

As China gears up for the Year of the Rabbit, the nation's Communist authorities have censored a bunny cartoon with political overtones.
The Chinese New Year - which falls this year on February 3 - is the country's biggest holiday. Families come together for several days of feasting and gift-giving.
But, this year, a New Year-themed cartoon posted on a popular Chinese website seems to have rankled officials.
Censors have deleted the video, in an apparent reaction to its biting political satire.
The three-minute animation begins with rabbit babies being poisoned, a blatant reference to a recent toxic milk scandal that left six children dead.
The rabbits are then forced to attend a political meeting with a group of vicious-looking tigers who promise a "harmonious forest".
That is a thinly-veiled gibe at the Communist party's favourite, much-mocked slogan, "Harmonious Society".
The tigers then proceed to set the bunnies on fire, bulldoze their homes, and run down rabbit pedestrians.
In the midst of the carnage, the tigers instruct them to remain obedient and "not speak out of turn".
Many in China will see obvious parallels with current events.
A fire in a Shanghai block of flats last year left more than 50 dead and caused an outcry over substandard buildings, while forced evictions to make way for new property developments have sparked dissent.
Most recently, a hit-and-run accident involving the son of a local police chief - who then tried to evade arrest - focused attention on nepotism and corruption.
The cartoon's creator "kirjabing" has reportedly said he sees no connections with Chinese society. But the censors obviously disagree.
They may have been most disturbed by the animation's final scenes, in which the rabbits themselves turn savage and attack the tigers.
The message for many is clear: pushed too hard, the Chinese people may one day rise up and overthrow their Communist leaders.

mayhem
28-01-11, 07:01 PM
about time if the people take over.. it works in tunesia.

btw, got milk? lol

mayhem
28-01-11, 07:15 PM
this was a project by some dutch students, iirc it's been banned before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxymwN7nYQQ

Bubba
28-01-11, 07:34 PM
lmao