PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know

Paracidium
10-06-03, 05:28 PM
of any insurance companies who accept modifications to cars for drivers aged 18, cos i tried with direct line and they wont insure me till im 25 if i put any mods on! so does anyone have any idea of a good company to go for?? :roll:

Ben (lurk75)
10-06-03, 06:09 PM
have a look in the links topic above for insurance companies, dont ring direct line!

try any of these...

liverpool victoria

adrian flux

HIC

CIS

as i said all the address's are in the link subject at the top of genreal chat,

wisewood
10-06-03, 06:22 PM
YUPP - 24 companies listed.

Nova-Boy
10-06-03, 08:38 PM
Or you could just not tell your insurance company of your mods? Lots of people do it but I only didn't bother cos i was third party only and wouldn't be insured if my alloys etc got knicked anyway.

hotdogs_r_us
10-06-03, 08:42 PM
liverpool victoria and Cis are best for that

Breeny
10-06-03, 08:57 PM
Or you could just not tell your insurance company of your mods? Lots of people do it but I only didn't bother cos i was third party only and wouldn't be insured if my alloys etc got knicked anyway

Your a tit... You might aswell have no insurance if you have an accident. It doesn't take much to pick up a phone, most insurance companies will add pennies for alloys etc. Not telling them VOIDS your insurance. That'll give you points and a heft fine (and a black eye if you crash into someone and they cant claim off you) :roll:

Dan
10-06-03, 10:08 PM
for once i actually agree with breeny :o :o :o :o , i couldnt of put it better myself

_JH_
10-06-03, 10:29 PM
Or you could just not tell your insurance company of your mods? Lots of people do it but I only didn't bother cos i was third party only and wouldn't be insured if my alloys etc got knicked anyway.

PENARSE

Phil_G
10-06-03, 11:12 PM

drive with invalid insurance/incorrect insurance and you deserve to be shot

Phil

RobHardyUK
10-06-03, 11:21 PM
I know tesco accept mods, dunno how good they r, but my mate has mods, told em etc. Liv Vic r the best tho!

?Marty?
10-06-03, 11:29 PM
and a black eye if you crash into someone and they cant claim off you

Insurance isn't the only means to be compensated. And even if you have no luck through the civil law, there is a special fund set aside by insurance companies (into which EVERY person with innsurance contributes to) to compensate those in accidents caused by such people.

But you'd still get a black eye from me.

Will
11-06-03, 09:19 AM
HIC are the best :P

Under ?500 for me

Under ?1000 for breeny

Theres all the proof you need of a wuality policy

The comment i am abt to make might rub ppl up the wrong way but liverpool vic are a bunch of jokers in my opinion, this is why.

1. Phone up, cant insure you

2. phone up again, might be able to insure you, oh no sorry cant

3. phone up again quoted ?800

4. phone up again quoted ?645

5. Phone up again cant insure you

This was in the space of 3 days, JOKERS!!!

Will

Breeny
11-06-03, 09:21 AM
Well yeh but it takes forever to get anything from there and it won't be anywhere near as much money as if you were claiming through an insurance company.

The % of people who actually drive on the road with no insurance is quite staggering.

Dave
11-06-03, 10:24 AM
people drive with no insurance as if they go for a year or two without getting caught the fines they get if they do caught are less than the insurance premiums they've saved.
not tryin to glorify it just something i heard on a tv programme ages ago.

Will
11-06-03, 11:10 AM
and the circle means that we end up paying more and more :(

RobHardyUK
11-06-03, 11:14 AM
i know, and thats why people think sod it.

dave.gsi
11-06-03, 03:48 PM
the average penalty for no insurance (usually plus no tax, mot or even licence) is ?200!!

it makes you wonder why i bother to pay ?1000 to insure my car, i could get caught 5 times and still break even!

krobinson
11-06-03, 05:58 PM
Few months ago, when i was 19 (20 now) i phoned adrian flux to get a quote for all mod's on my nova, with my points!

1.3 engine (swaped from 1.2i)
leather interior
coilovers
alloys
GSI kit
Big brakes
Rear discs

Quoted = 5k

So when the car's finished and back on the road, i wont be declareing my points or my mods and will be insured 3rd party.

go on, shoot me, but if u want me to be fully insured then you feckin pay the 5k!

*thats Northern Ireland for ya!*