PDA

View Full Version : Wiring! Anyone!?

Paracidium
10-06-03, 05:05 PM
Im trying to wire a cut off switch to my ignition before the wires go to the hazard relay and the ignition keyswitch(if thats what theyre called) as a sorta immobiliser thing, but the broblem is i kant fine the live wire to tap into to put the switch onto, ive lloked in haynes but its useless, kan anyone help me on this? :roll:

Ben (lurk75)
10-06-03, 06:03 PM
just fit a diode in the wires to the hazard switch to stop the upside down trick to work and then fit a kill switch to either your fuel pump or coil, much easier.

mikeoxford
10-06-03, 09:33 PM
whereabouts in birmingham are you?

ill do the hazrard mod and fit a kill switch for you for some beer money for PV - ill supply my own bits also..............

Paracidium
10-06-03, 11:14 PM
im in solihull, i already have a rocker switch which i bought todaY, itd be cool if u could fit it, thing is all i need to know is what to white the kill swich into and where to put the diode really? any chance of explaining?
cheer, matt :)

Ben (lurk75)
11-06-03, 02:04 AM
go to www.novarally.co.uk for a guide on the hazard switch, i know theres loads about but i used that one.

as for the kill switch just fit it in any live wire that you find easy to get to but not blatent.

Paracidium
11-06-03, 12:37 PM
cheers for the guide, the only thing is i dunno what live to put the switch onto, i want it to isolate the ignition so its not possible to hotwire, any ideas where to put it and where to find the wire (colour maybe), cheers, matt