PDA

View Full Version : Anyone after a job?

Ben
26-01-11, 02:23 PM
clicky (http://www.ndtcabin.com/vacancies/jobs_template.php?id=ndtc3155)

IMO its a very good industry to get into as you will end up working all over the world, i currently have friends working in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Kazahkstan, Holland etc etc The money can be awesome once your qualified and you get a good variety of work.

In the whole time i have done this i have NEVER seen a job advertised for trainee's so its a very rare chance. It can be dirty hard work at times so no point in thinking if your a bit wimpy lol

Hayley
26-01-11, 10:39 PM
Not wishing to piggy back but a mate of mine was also looking at this for a job

http://www.cnc.police.uk/

Basically a security guard but more policy and you go in on level one getting trained with a gun. cooool! lol

wwmnw
26-01-11, 10:42 PM
clicky (http://www.ndtcabin.com/vacancies/jobs_template.php?id=ndtc3155)

IMO its a very good industry to get into as you will end up working all over the world, i currently have friends working in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Kazahkstan, Holland etc etc The money can be awesome once your qualified and you get a good variety of work.

In the whole time i have done this i have NEVER seen a job advertised for trainee's so its a very rare chance. It can be dirty hard work at times so no point in thinking if your a bit wimpy lol

Good standard of education, including 5 GCSE C grade passes in English, Maths and
Science preferred.

Chances of getting a job with no C + passes in the above would be quite low I'd assume?

Jack
26-01-11, 11:10 PM
Ben, is the work quite hands on? Our chief at work was saying today that his son is having trouble finding work after college as he wants to go out and DO something rather than just go to uni (which the job centre are pushing him to do), or end up stacking shelves or being sat behind a desk. Something like that looks pretty good for him.

As for the nuclear police, I think I found myself a new career :d

db_1.2
26-01-11, 11:11 PM
Sounds ideal for me. Shame i already got a decent job. But dieing to do something different and educate myself a little.

Shame there isnt more information about the sallary etc.

Hayley
26-01-11, 11:14 PM
As for the nuclear police, I think I found myself a new career :d

Maybe you would get a big angry dog as well as your guns!

Jack
26-01-11, 11:15 PM
I shall use you instead :p

db_1.2
26-01-11, 11:23 PM
Actually, if its not too much to ask. What kind of salary would be typical of someone working for OCEONEERING?

I have 7 GSCE C and above, plus an NVQ motor vehicle and Communication, Application of Number at Level 2 for Advanced Apprentice and ICT at Level 1. Aswell as soon to have Carpet Fitting acadamy certificate for carpet fitting (Lol!). And also a clean licence of 4 years.

NovaLad
27-01-11, 08:44 AM
If i was single i'd apply.

mowgli
27-01-11, 09:19 AM
NOVALAD, unless she can show you a certificate, you are single.... you are also young enough to do something like this.. there are weekends & holidays you know.

NovaLad
27-01-11, 09:25 AM
NOVALAD, unless she can show you a certificate, you are single.... you are also young enough to do something like this.. there are weekends & holidays you know.
Couldn't anyway at the moment got something else lines up in the pipeline.

Bubba
27-01-11, 05:22 PM
clean licence....balls

Ben
27-01-11, 06:21 PM
Jack- Yes its very hands on but you do need to be quite switched on for the theory but its not that bad, the courses are usually 2-3 week intense courses but that would usually be 1 a year-ish.

My friend who works on and off for oceaneering earns around £30-35 an hour depending if its onshore/offshore etc.

wwmnw
27-01-11, 11:54 PM
Jack- Yes its very hands on but you do need to be quite switched on for the theory but its not that bad, the courses are usually 2-3 week intense courses but that would usually be 1 a year-ish.

My friend who works on and off for oceaneering earns around £30-35 an hour depending if its onshore/offshore etc.

:eek: cant hurt to apply for that.

Hayley
27-01-11, 11:56 PM
Wowzers, that would be a dam good wage!

I was watching bruce parry tonight and he was with a fishing family in Alaska. they go out for just 3 months of the year and clear a couple of million of dollars with what they catch! Then they just relax for the rest of the year.

Jack
27-01-11, 11:58 PM
$500,000 in 3 months they were making. The fcuk off on holiday to Hawaii!

Hayley
27-01-11, 11:59 PM
We need to get ourselves a boat!

Hobbit
28-01-11, 12:01 AM
We need to get ourselves a bigger boat!

:d dur-dun dur-dun...

Hayley
28-01-11, 12:02 AM
lol lol lol

flyin flea
28-01-11, 10:41 AM
....family in Alaska. they go out for just 3 months of the year.....Then they just relax for the rest of the year.
Like bar owners in Ibiza... theres only any real trade to be done from June to September. By October everywhere is boarded up and the girlie who owns Cafe Del Mar is back here in England for the winter!

db_1.2
28-01-11, 04:50 PM

I meant annual salary? I earn more than that somedays, but I dont work many hours.

Ben
28-01-11, 05:45 PM
for oceaneering themselevs probably not too much but in the industry when your qualified, anything from £50-150+k a year depending where and how much you want to work.

Its hard to calculate a pa salary as most jobs are day rate or weekly rate, readily earn £350ish a day or average about £1200-1500 per week.

db_1.2
28-01-11, 05:52 PM
Wow, i could only dream of a salary between those 2 massive numbers!!

Ben
28-01-11, 05:55 PM
Wow, i could only dream of a salary between those 2 massive numbers!!

If you earn more than £35 an hour then you are earning the same.

db_1.2
28-01-11, 06:11 PM
If you earn more than £35 an hour then you are earning the same.

No, i only work 2-3 hours a day some days. And £35 and hour would be a pretty good day for me anyway.

Ben
28-01-11, 06:16 PM
i quite often only work 2-3 hours a day but guarenteed 8 lol

mayhem
28-01-11, 06:29 PM
i've looked into that about a year ago when the company i worked for went bankrupt. but the new owner offerd me a job, so didnt do anything with the ndt jobs.

but i just did a quick google (the current company i work is moving 150km from my home, they offerd me a job there, but it never hurts to look around..) and there are loads of trainee vacancy's overhere.
I've always wanted a job that took me over the world.

Ben
28-01-11, 06:39 PM
Joop In NL there is loads of work! The company i work for have offices in Breda and Botlek.

Try AIB Vincotte, A+ (RTD), or SGS they are the main players over here. Our office in Antwerp take on loads of trainees every year.

Gareth_C
28-01-11, 08:21 PM
Not wishing to piggy back but a mate of mine was also looking at this for a job

http://www.cnc.police.uk/

Basically a security guard but more policy and you go in on level one getting trained with a gun. cooool! lol

These are on the power station im at a lot the get paid less than the normal security guards and have less benefits etc

Gareth_C
28-01-11, 08:25 PM
for oceaneering themselevs probably not too much but in the industry when your qualified, anything from £50-150+k a year depending where and how much you want to work.

Its hard to calculate a pa salary as most jobs are day rate or weekly rate, readily earn £350ish a day or average about £1200-1500 per week.

I see these guys sat in the cabins not doing much until an outage then they will do testing at stupid o clocks

db_1.2
28-01-11, 10:16 PM
I must admit, it is very tempting. But I don't think I could disrupt everything at the moment. I just bought a new van for work, and now on 22k a year, which I think is very reasonable for 21. And will double in about 2 years.

I've got an appointment with the mortgage advisor next Saturday, so if he disappoints me I might look at a career change!

novaxe235
29-01-11, 07:31 PM
Earning 22k a year, unless you have 50-60k for a deposit you will be disappointed.

db_1.2
29-01-11, 08:04 PM
Earning 22k a year, unless you have 50-60k for a deposit you will be disappointed.

I thought as much. Well, ill see next week

Jack
29-01-11, 09:07 PM
Yep, good luck getting a mortgage of over £80k on a wage of 22k a year - I struggled to find anything suitable for a combined income of almost £60k :(

novaxe235
29-01-11, 09:25 PM
I bought my house 5 years ago my income is/was about 35k a year, i put down 30k and struggled to get a good mortgage. A Friend has just bought a house in the same area on the same money, he had to put down 50k to get anywhere near an offer for a mortgage.

draper
29-01-11, 09:37 PM
clean licence....balls

same here, gutted !!

Andy
29-01-11, 09:39 PM
I bought my house 5 years ago my income is/was about 35k a year, i put down 30k and struggled to get a good mortgage. A Friend has just bought a house in the same area on the same money, he had to put down 50k to get anywhere near an offer for a mortgage.
Bollox to putting 50grand down on a house,just rent till it all gets better.Thats absolutely ridiculous,you would never see that money ever again,all your hard earned money over a number of years.Bullshet

novaxe235
29-01-11, 10:05 PM
Bollox to putting 50grand down on a house,just rent till it all gets better.Thats absolutely ridiculous,you would never see that money ever again,all your hard earned money over a number of years.BullshetI don't think you quite understand the housing market, house prices at the moment are still relatively low, once you put down your deposit you pay off the rest of the price of the house with a re-payment mortgage. If you want to see your money again you simply sell the house, once your on the property ladder all house prices are relevant if you move. As for renting if i wanted to rent a 3 bed de-tached house where i am it would cost me between 7-800 pounds per calender month, my mortgage is less than that, people that rent are either stupid or have no savings thats my opinion, and i want to pass something on to my kids later in life either that or spend it on cheap cars and fast women:tard: .

draper
29-01-11, 10:08 PM
pass something on to my kids later in life either that or spend it on cheap cars and fast women:tard: .

thats me sorted then, no kids and blow all my money on parties lol

Andy
30-01-11, 08:28 AM
I don't think you quite understand the housing market, house prices at the moment are still relatively low, once you put down your deposit you pay off the rest of the price of the house with a re-payment mortgage. If you want to see your money again you simply sell the house, once your on the property ladder all house prices are relevant if you move. As for renting if i wanted to rent a 3 bed de-tached house where i am it would cost me between 7-800 pounds per calender month, my mortgage is less than that, people that rent are either stupid or have no savings thats my opinion, and i want to pass something on to my kids later in life either that or spend it on cheap cars and fast women:tard: .
This is me,and how the hell am i ever supposed to save money,when after all is paid at the end of the month we're left with hardly any disposable income.This sort of thing has been covered many times on here,and basically,you either live on bread and water and heat and light by candlelight for a couple of years and save like buggery,or you just stay as you are,as its nigh on impossible to save and rent at the same time,while having some sort of half decent lifestyle at the same time.
In 2007 we could have got on the property ladder with a 100% mortgage for £130,000.Round here that would have got us a house on a council estate,so declined as whats the point in paying to live somewhere you dont want lol
Now, for £500 rent we have a massive garden,garage,2 bedroom semi detatched bungalow with a conservatry.
Yeah we have spent thousands renting but were in a very very nice area,i'd love to own my own house someday but in the current situation cant see that happening for a long time

Ben
30-01-11, 10:06 AM
lol when i got my morgates the guy didnt even ask how much i earn just how much i wanted, wonder why it all went tits up lol

db_1.2
30-01-11, 10:09 AM
I shall see how it goes, I'd be surprised if I got above 80k like you said Jack. But I will have a reasonable deposit when it comes to moving out. I have 14k now. But hoping to have 25-30k by April 2012. Which is a reasonable target.

Andy
30-01-11, 10:13 AM
I shall see how it goes, I'd be surprised if I got above 80k like you said Jack. But I will have a reasonable deposit when it comes to moving out. I have 14k now. But hoping to have 25-30k by April 2012. Which is a reasonable target.
You could build a good fiesta turbo for 14k..........lol

db_1.2
30-01-11, 10:17 AM
You could build a good fiesta turbo for 14k..........lol

OMG!!!!!

Then I can beat every Nova in a head to head down the local high streets!

But seriously, it's unbelievably hard not spend the money on a car. I've even looked at a Noble! Which was cheaper to insure than my Fiesta:wtf:

Have some rep too, for the awesome rs turbo related comment, that provoked me to keep on rubbing the Ford goodness in on a Vauxhall related forum.:thumb:

Jack
30-01-11, 12:51 PM
Ahhh massive deposit will help a lot. But feck me, 10-15k between now and April next year, you must either be earning a lot or spend nothing lol

db_1.2
30-01-11, 03:07 PM
Ahhh massive deposit will help a lot. But feck me, 10-15k between now and April next year, you must either be earning a lot or spend nothing lol

The second one Lol. Last year I earnt 17k, and I put away and banked 13 of it. Fortunately for me I live at home, and pay no rent, for the simple fact I save all my money to move out.

draper
30-01-11, 03:29 PM
The second one Lol. Last year I earnt 17k, and I put away and banked 13 of it. Fortunately for me I live at home, and pay no rent, for the simple fact I save all my money to move out.

jesus christ, i could never do that so fair play to you

db_1.2
30-01-11, 06:37 PM
jesus christ, i could never do that so fair play to you

Trust me draper, if you lived where I do, you'd do anything to get out! But seriously, I used to get in with the bad crowd etc, and one day, I took a good look around, and just wanted to do something with my life. And I did, and never looked back.