PDA

View Full Version : xe flat flywheel on v6 what clutch?

Nobby
25-01-11, 06:58 PM
I have a clutch off my old xe that was a pot type and now have a flat type flywheel that im putting on me v6 im using the f20 box and complete clutch, pressure plate and release bearing will this work? or do i need a flat type clutch kit?

Damo
25-01-11, 08:57 PM
I would imagine they'd be the same tbh nobby.

Nobby
25-01-11, 09:22 PM
been told use flat pressure plate and pot friction plate mate

Damo
25-01-11, 09:34 PM
If its a repitable source mate go with that as im not 100% sure.

Nobby
25-01-11, 10:44 PM
well he has owned x2 xe corsas, let corsa, v6 astra, mk1 astra xe, sri nova, eco vectra and hes done loads of conversions lol

Adam
25-01-11, 10:50 PM
You will have to use a flat pressure plate with a flat fly because a pot one will just not work with a flat fly as it sits completely different.

Some people have mentioned that pot friction plates dont work correctly with flat pressure plates, they looked v.similar when i compared mine though (comparison by eye.....)

Nobby
25-01-11, 11:00 PM
You will have to use a flat pressure plate with a flat fly because a pot one will just not work with a flat fly as it sits completely different.

Some people have mentioned that pot friction plates dont work correctly with flat pressure plates, they looked v.similar when i compared mine though (comparison by eye.....)

yeah mate i have a flat flywheel and a flat pressure plate but no friction plate so i will be using the pot friction plate i have, my mate reckons it works and he has done it on some conversions if it dont work ill have to buy one lol

Adam
25-01-11, 11:31 PM
Do it right do it once... lol

The two friction plates look the same but im sure a few people have said there clutch slipped like fook when they used a pot friction disc with a flat clutch pressure plate

Nobby
26-01-11, 12:18 AM
we will see lol