PDA

View Full Version : Nova VS Corsa break servo

paulwar
24-01-11, 03:26 PM
right just been reading up and i've seen it done before, but just a few questions

a) does a corsa pedal give you better breaking over a nova system
b) do you need to modify the nova pedal box to fit corsa or does it just fit in the gap where nova break pedal would be.
c) on the corsa you have 2 break lines coming out the servo, could I just run one to the back and t peice off to either side and the same on the front? or am i better off running both lines into the break box thing and then spillting 4 ways and off to each corner.
d) been looking at break-lines.co.uk and looking at a braided pipe kits. are corsa and nova runs the same e.g i would need to order corsa lines? or nova lines?

Main reason behind it is that I change gearing alot and would give me that extra room with out a massive break servo in the way plus would be saving weight on the bar running across etc.

Thanks for ya help :)

AlexW
24-01-11, 05:54 PM
Normally yes, More direct.
The nova clutch pedal needs a support, Have a search around for how people have done it, Was a recent thread IIRC.
That is how most people do it, mostly due to the fact you have to run a bias reducer to the rear, Ideal for a adjustable.
Braided bits are the same. Presuming you mean the connection bits that go between the calipers/rear beam and the shell.

There isnt much weight saving, I weighed it all about 2 years ago, Cant remember the figure but wasnt a massive saving iirc.

comptoncj
24-01-11, 06:06 PM
I couldnt belive the difference a corsa servo makes to nova brakes much better pedal with a better feel, mine was already done though so not sure on the ins and outs of it.

mk1nova_rich
24-01-11, 06:07 PM
a) Corsa pedal gives a more direct pedal feel as the cross linkage bar is eliminated
b) Bin the Nova setup, and fit the complete Corsa assembly in the battery tray
c) If you keep the 2 port master cylinder its best to split one pipe to both front brakes, then run a single line to the rear and split near the rear beam/petrol tank. You may want to fit a bias valve somewhere along this single line as there will be no other means of reducing braking pressure to the back wheels. This also allows adjustability to suit your driving style
d) Obviously moving the master cylinder to the other side of the engine bay means your existing lines will need extending somehow. Personally I would just fit completely new lines exactly where you want them, especially if you retain the 2 port Corsa master cylinder

The main problem with this conversion is that there is no 'set' way to do it, ie. no dimensions to work from and so on, so just go for it following pictures you can find. A few things to watch out for when fitting:

Clutch and brake pedals share the same pivot, so once the brake pedal has been removed the clutch pedal needs supporting somehow.
A strengthening plate needs fitting to the battery tray area to stop it flexing.
Its best to cut a big hole in and slot the assembly through from the top so that the spreader plate on the Corsa assembly sits on top of the battery tray then bolt this through.

Danny mul
24-01-11, 06:29 PM
a) Corsa pedal gives a more direct pedal feel as the cross linkage bar is eliminated
c) If you keep the 2 port master cylinder its best to split one pipe to both front brakes, then run a single line to the rear and split near the rear beam/petrol tank. You may want to fit a bias valve somewhere along this single line as there will be no other means of reducing braking pressure to the back wheels. This also allows adjustability to suit your driving style
d) Obviously moving the master cylinder to the other side of the engine bay means your existing lines will need extending somehow. Personally I would just fit completely new lines exactly where you want them, especially if you retain the 2 port Corsa master cylinder

The main problem with this conversion is that there is no 'set' way to do it, ie. no dimensions to work from and so on, so just go for it following pictures you can find. A few things to watch out for when fitting:

Clutch and brake pedals share the same pivot, so once the brake pedal has been removed the clutch pedal needs supporting somehow.
A strengthening plate needs fitting to the battery tray area to stop it flexing.
Its best to cut a big hole in and slot the assembly through from the top so that the spreader plate on the Corsa assembly sits on top of the battery tray then bolt this through.
Good post:thumb:

craig green
24-01-11, 06:31 PM
To avoid upsetting the brakelines & bias/proportioning, you can use the 4 port MC from the Nova setup & fit the upright reservoir from the Corsa MC.

mk1nova_rich
24-01-11, 06:32 PM
forgot to mention that lol cheers for adding that Craig

Rich
24-01-11, 06:39 PM
or cavvy mc/servo, will need to modify the connection to the brake bar behind the dash and re-route the brake lines through a splitter box or 2 seperate 3 way splitters

novahotrod
24-01-11, 07:20 PM
paul told u all this hence y my ones getting it too

paulwar
25-01-11, 02:46 PM
you didn't tell me all this :) not as much detail as the above, brillant post mate thanks :) pictures to follow I guess when i've had a play and worked things out :)

gtachorley
25-01-11, 03:26 PM

Really good post very helpful + Rep

Count Vaux Alot
25-01-11, 04:57 PM
Have a look HERE (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109412&page=16)

Thats how i did it :thumb: