PDA

View Full Version : stuck on what seats??

tony k
24-01-11, 12:20 PM
stuck on what bucket seats to get,theres loads out there just cant decide
been looking at cobra ones and recaro,wanna know what anyone else has got ie are the comfy or things like that

also want to get seat sliders to go with them as im always adjusting my seat lol

MK1_Ben
24-01-11, 06:04 PM
If you want bucket seats and comfort, you would be better off getting "sport reclining" seats or similar types, the ones which have a bucket seat look about them but can fold forward etc.

The comfiest "proper" bucket seats I've used are Corbeau Revolutions (I have a set in the rally-car), they also have the cut-outs in the head supports so you can actually see out the sides of the car unlike alot of seats :) Only downside is you're looking around £500 a each :(

craig green
24-01-11, 06:38 PM
Of the above names mentioned, some Recaro's would be the best bet. The cheaper £100ea type buckets are pretty poor from a comfort/buiuld quality point of view.

Koenig make some nice aftermarket recliners.

tony k
26-01-11, 01:47 PM
the recaro ones i have been looking at alot,want buckets seats not recliners,wont be getting cheap 100 squid ones

will check them ones out craig

Ben
26-01-11, 02:01 PM
tbh if your after comfort and adjusting your seat a lot i would steer clear of buckets!

tony k
26-01-11, 02:07 PM
tbh if your after comfort and adjusting your seat a lot i would steer clear of buckets!

i adjust them back and forward ben,ive got little legs lol

MK999
26-01-11, 02:08 PM
Best thing is to go somewhere that keeps them in stock and sit in them all, or try friends etc. People used to complain about my buckets but they were the comfiest thing I've ever sat in, occassionally drag the drivers one out and place it on my desk chair when I'm on the PC a lot lol

Ben
26-01-11, 02:09 PM
I had to try loads of peoples as i couldnt get my ass in most lol

MK999
26-01-11, 02:11 PM

I have the opposite issue, I'm 'loose' in most seats, although sparcos are effing tiny! Anyone who's seen me at shows etc knows what I'm (not) built like and measurements on the smallest part of those would have been a real tight squeeze to get in

Ben
26-01-11, 02:17 PM
when been on trackdays etc the amout of peoples cars i cant get in is unreal, im not fat its my hips they just dont fit lol

Jack
26-01-11, 02:19 PM
Best thing is to go somewhere that keeps them in stock and sit in them all, or try friends etc.
Thats what I did. Although in the end just plumped for some cheap reclining buckets! They were comfy to sit in for the year or so that they laid up in my ex's bedroom (lol) and were good once in the car, but for any length of time they became uncomfortable.

The Recaro's I got from Craig are very comfy though. Fitted on SR subframes so slide as well. Only problem is this means they mount a little high but thats no big deal unless you're well over 6'.

MK999
26-01-11, 02:24 PM
when been on trackdays etc the amout of peoples cars i cant get in is unreal, im not fat its my hips they just dont fit lol

Curvy :) :gay:

I didn't try any tbh, and just got lucky with some that came up mega cheap! 2x fibreglass cobra imola 2's, sold by a recovery company accident damaged 1 listed as 'twisted' me thinking 'fibreglass doesn't twist it explodes into tiny bits if anything' got 2 perfectly good buckets for £150 with harnesses and they perfect for my shape/size :d

GDN16v
26-01-11, 02:58 PM
Demon Tweeks have a massive range of seats on show to try at their showroom;)
These are our bucket seats, Cobra Suzuka's. Very comfy even on long drives, drove to pv and back in the same day with these and didnt have one complaint! They are fixed in the red car but we have modified the original GTE subframes to mount them in our other car so they can be slid forward and backwards!:thumb:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u241/a16vnv/novabtb5.jpg

If youre going for reclining sport seats, then stick with the big names like Recaro, Cobra, Sparco or Konigg who will put more effort into the design and comfort of the seat! Or you could go down the route of using seats out of a Vectra GSI, Misubishi Evo or Subaru impreza seats!

tony k
26-01-11, 03:58 PM
Yeah sounds like I better go round shopping and have a test in them,I'm only little in the waist;plus only 5' 8,so not that tall lol,do like them cobra suzuka
had a look on deemon tweaks so getting a good idea,worst thing is I'm like yeah they will do,then I see another set,I do wann mount them on nova subframes aswell

tony k
26-01-11, 03:58 PM
Yeah sounds like I better go round shopping and have a test in them,I'm only little in the waist;plus only 5' 8,so not that tall lol,do like them cobra suzuka
had a look on deemon tweaks so getting a good idea,worst thing is I'm like yeah they will do,then I see another set,I do wann mount them on nova subframes aswell

GDN16v
26-01-11, 04:01 PM
Best thing you can do is try them. You'll be very disappointed if you spend alot of money on some and they feel crap or dont suit youre body shape!:thumb:

Dan
26-01-11, 04:34 PM

tis true, he ended up fitting one of these........

http://constructionandmasonrysupply.com/images/wheelbarrow%20poly.png

MK999
26-01-11, 04:38 PM

Steel framed bucket seats make me :(

Hobbit
26-01-11, 04:58 PM
I can get my fat **** in these...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/wiggardywoo/Track%20nova%20build/001-5.jpg

not that comfy though lol

Ben
26-01-11, 05:51 PM

http://constructionandmasonrysupply.com/images/wheelbarrow%20poly.png

Yeah i nicked the one that you had your breakfast deliverd in!

Dan
26-01-11, 08:20 PM
FLOL lol lol lol , you have some more green blobs

Stoo
26-01-11, 08:26 PM
Im in a similar situation
Im looking for some motorsport type fixed back buckets for my DC5

Currently looking at Recaro Pole Positions, Corbeau Pro Carbon Kevlar, Bride Zeta/Vios and also some Buddy Club P1 Racing in Carbon.

It's a minefield!!

Depends on your budget mate...