PDA

View Full Version : et12 wheels

chambers1984
23-01-11, 11:13 PM
any1 no if i can get away with an ofset of et12 on a nova saloon:thumb:

General Baxter
23-01-11, 11:14 PM
how lowered, what width alloys, are you a fat ****er ?
lol

chambers1984
23-01-11, 11:17 PM
how lowered, what width alloys, are you a fat ****er ?
lol

7inch wide 195/45/15 tyres lowered 100mm no i ay fat lmao

General Baxter
23-01-11, 11:18 PM
a simple NO then lol

chambers1984
23-01-11, 11:19 PM
a simple NO then lol
just my luck thanks for fast reply:thumb:

General Baxter
23-01-11, 11:21 PM
dont take my word for it, im on coke lol

pie
24-01-11, 12:01 AM
lol baxter

bazil
24-01-11, 12:06 AM
dont take my word for it, im on coke lol

that's got to be sig worthy lol

MattBrown
24-01-11, 12:07 AM
No they won't mark.

Maybe if you went down 60mm maximum, but still have wing issues on lock.

Bubba
24-01-11, 12:11 AM
dont listen to them....you can make them fit :d

LEWI007
24-01-11, 12:12 AM
7.5 fitted mine with a small amount of camber at the rear.

and cutting the whole lip out of the inside of the arch.

bazil
24-01-11, 12:17 AM
It's the et12 bit, Not nova friendly

Jack
24-01-11, 07:36 AM
That width and offset will stick out a mile and (unless you have major stretch on the tyres) fail an MOT.

Edd
24-01-11, 08:49 AM
The only way for et12 to fit is if you fit a wide arch kit

chambers1984
24-01-11, 10:43 PM
thanks for replys. i will keep looking every nice looking deep dish old school wheels dont seem to fit vauxhalls

MK999
24-01-11, 10:46 PM
That width and offset will stick out a mile and (unless you have major stretch on the tyres) fail an MOT.

er, not an english one. Tyre stretch is to get around EU equivalents, UK is based on the wheels, not the tyres.

thanks for replys. i will keep looking every nice looking deep dish old school wheels dont seem to fit vauxhalls

This is just how it works really, high ET and relatively low width means the face of the wheel is closer to the rim, making any dish less natural, the look can be created (See TSW big deeps) but low ET wide wheels will be naturally dished.

Bubba
24-01-11, 11:08 PM
Big Deeps are faptastic

Jack
25-01-11, 08:03 AM
er, not an english one. Tyre stretch is to get around EU equivalents, UK is based on the wheels, not the tyres.
Are you sure? That would make hundreds of the euro styled cars out there illegal then as pretty much most of them have wheels protruding from the arch. Quite common on Mini's too.

MOT says that if the tyre fouls the vehicle structure, its a fail (unless its a steering stop), but says nothing of the wheel rim itself.

Construction and Use says nothing about wheels poking out.

Stuart
25-01-11, 08:18 AM
Bearing in mind when I put Manta wheels (ET30ish) on my STD nova they scrubbed and stuck out, 12's will be almost off the car lol

MK1_Ben
25-01-11, 11:29 AM
Are you sure? That would make hundreds of the euro styled cars out there illegal then as pretty much most of them have wheels protruding from the arch. Quite common on Mini's too.

MOT says that if the tyre fouls the vehicle structure, its a fail (unless its a steering stop), but says nothing of the wheel rim itself.

Construction and Use says nothing about wheels poking out.

This is correct, it's the tread of the tyre fouling the structure, not the lip of the rim.

As said, look how many cars have protruding wheels and pass mot and police inspections with no problems, down to them having stretched tyres.

MK999
25-01-11, 12:18 PM

99%... that's why the 'euro look' is the 'euro look' and not the 'UK look' it was born of their MOT rules when we couldn't do it.

Just looked it up, and it's not an MOT fail to have anything protruding the arches, can have the entire wheel outside the car, but it is illegal to have any part of the wheels/tyres outside the arch on the road, and also part of an SVA test and construction and use rules it seems. I can't find the actual rules etc on the net though, just hearsay! There's a lot of optimists stating it's perfectly legal as there's nothing on the MOT too.

The best bit is, MOT say do what you like, SVA says no more than 35mm, and construction and use implies that's nothing should be outside. So you can roll out of either test station and get nicked lol

Jack
25-01-11, 09:46 PM
It may well be the case in the EU, but I'm saying its the same over here too.

SVA is only "law" as far as single type approval goes though, so wouldn't really apply for a vehicle thats otherwise relatively standard. And the reason you can't find the Cons.& Use law about wheels is because it doesn't cover it ;)

As said, MOT manual only seems to cover tyres touching the vehicle as BSmovies says too. Unless I'm missing an obvious bit?