L14MNP
23-01-11, 07:17 PM
Tiffany Dell FTW

Grey
23-01-11, 07:20 PM
lol should be good

twistysnovagte
23-01-11, 07:26 PM
Lmfao @ Tiff Needle, he isnt a syringe you know:plmao done me again....i never pronounce it need-ell just needle.......just the way it came out lol ahwel

Cle
23-01-11, 08:13 PM
Stiggggggggggggg

John
23-01-11, 08:23 PM
atom = want

auzzy-b
23-01-11, 08:46 PM
Chuft you mentioned this almost forgot!!!
Top gear is ace

Danb1987
23-01-11, 09:05 PM
Votes on tiff being the new stig??

Jack
23-01-11, 09:10 PM
- Clarkson will blow something up and get excited (well he did set something on fire lol)
- Hammond will drive a Porsche and get excited (check)
- There will be a few anti-stig comments (check)
- a heavily scripted car vs. something else will be "closely won" by clarkson in the car (Ferrari vs Yeti)
- pointless staged quarter mile with a supercar to show up some insignificant technicality (remember the evo at 30mph...) (Ok one mile but still)
- humour directed at Hammond's miniscule size (didn't catch any but I might have just missed it lol)
- May will faff over something only for it to then fail spectacularly (no faffing over the V8 Atom)
- A "celeb" guest will come on to pimp their latest book/movie/tv show and hardly get a word in edgways (check)
Not bad, most of my predictions for the entire series coming right in the first show lol

As for the atom, I thought they were shooting up and down Crewkerne Dip a bit quicker than usual lately lol

Edd
23-01-11, 09:12 PM
^^^ lol

I liked the Porsche but I was expecting more tbh lol dont know why

Was worth a watch as always tho

flyin flea
23-01-11, 09:22 PM
John Bishop lied! He said he had never done any racing, nor done any prep for that drive in the reasonable priced car. He did in fact have lessons at Oulton Park on Tuesday (just gone)!

Southie
23-01-11, 09:25 PM
It was cr@p tonight, didn't enjoy the programme at all.

Stuart
23-01-11, 09:37 PM
Worst episode EVERRRRR lol

FL2 is cheaper and better than the yeti

MK999
23-01-11, 09:45 PM
Not bad, most of my predictions for the entire series coming right in the first show lol

Humour pointed towards hammonds size in the jaguar! lol

kevster
23-01-11, 10:31 PM
Worst episode as stuart said !

Grey
23-01-11, 10:46 PM
yesss twas bit boreing only atom was intresting imo

General Baxter
23-01-11, 10:48 PM
i missed it, i was playing with my weapon

Grey
23-01-11, 10:50 PM
i was playing with my weapon

:wtf: o dear do i dear ask??? lol

General Baxter
23-01-11, 10:51 PM
you can, but i would'nt lol

Grey
23-01-11, 10:57 PM
lol better not then god only knows........ spud gun

rubachuk
24-01-11, 10:49 AM
Poor episode.

Why put May in the Atom? I want to see someone kicking it's face in, not trundling round at pedestrian speeds. Enjoyed the Stig's lap though.

When Hammond started masturbating over the 911 again I got up had a pi$$ and made a brew. This 911 thing was amusing for a few series, but now it is utterly boring.

Tanya.
24-01-11, 10:56 AM
Nowhere near good as usual! Normally it gets my full attention but I ended up sat arranging my Itunes folder instead lol

Hoochie
24-01-11, 10:59 AM
John Bishop was funny. :)

L33 LEG
24-01-11, 11:38 AM

IF it is him then it will just be a temporary thing.

Im never one to moan at the show as i love it and is easily the best thing on tv and would never miss an episode, however i did find it a bit boring. Im sure they will make up for it in the other episodes though and would happily watch it over and over again on dave still.

brownbear
24-01-11, 11:59 AM
New stig SIARPC lap record.... HMMMMM Better Stig or have they played silly buggers with the car to prove a point? Not that bad an episode tbf...

MK999
24-01-11, 12:00 PM
New stig SIARPC lap record.... HMMMMM Better Stig or have they played silly buggers with the car to prove a point? Not that bad an episode tbf...

someone said earlier in the thread john bishop was at oulton park in the car before it was recorded :p

L14MNP
24-01-11, 12:01 PM
Crap. It's been a joke for years now - getting worse every series, but I still watch it.

That episode really was rubbish though, to bring back The Stig really shows they are lacking in ideas, if that wasn't clear by now anyway.

My favourites are the challenges, and only some at that. I know they're staged etc, but it's the episodes that are less about the cars that actually entertain me the most. Vietnamese scooter ep is my favourite.

Hoochie
24-01-11, 12:06 PM
Hmmmm we discussed this last night, Sturge thought it might be JP...

Lewis.
24-01-11, 09:18 PM
Hmmmm we discussed this last night, Sturge thought it might be JP...

who?

I've just I-playered it, It wasn't the best episode ever, but was still entertaining. People say its rubbish because they are expecting an informative motoring show. Watch it expecting some light entertainment, loosely based upon cars, and you will get on far better :thumb: lol

Stuart
24-01-11, 09:24 PM
who?
Watch it expecting some light entertainment, loosely based upon cars, and you will get on far better :thumb: lol

but it wasnt even that last night lol

Lewis.
24-01-11, 09:32 PM
but it wasnt even that last night lol

I'll admit it did seem a bit dull, and seemed even more heavilly scripted than normal. :(
The whole stig thing has worn a bit thin too, now that we all know it was Ben Collins.

Pistol Pete
24-01-11, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, i didnt think it was that bad TBH. But then i see Top Gear as a light entertainment show. Seriousness doesnt come into it. At all. Ever lol

Jack
24-01-11, 10:09 PM
who?
Jason Plato

L14MNP
25-01-11, 11:54 AM
Jason Plato

Unless this
http://www.thefoodhall.es/images/dry_goods/custard_powerd.gif
was in the passenger seat, I call B.S.

Hoochie
25-01-11, 12:24 PM
Jason Plato

What he said......i also read there is speculation that it could be female, putting Sabine Schmitz (sp) in the picture...and that Clarkson does not know who it is, which i think is boolsheet.

MK999
25-01-11, 12:26 PM
What he said......i also read there is speculation that it could be female, putting Sabine Schmitz (sp) in the picture...and that Clarkson does not know who it is, which i think is boolsheet.

Whoever 'the stig' is they will change height/build/sex throughout the show as various manufacturers insist on sending their own test drivers out with the cars... that is the point of 'The Stig' anyway after all lol

and off topic, can you poke sturge to log on for me, he has a PM :p

moffat
25-01-11, 06:22 PM
i enjoyed it tbh. may be cause am younger lol

Jack
25-01-11, 09:32 PM
Unless this
http://www.thefoodhall.es/images/dry_goods/custard_powerd.gif
was in the passenger seat, I call B.S.
LMFAO

I can see it now

Some say... he likes custard :confused:

flyin flea
25-01-11, 09:39 PM
Sabine.... no. She's good. She's very good. But she's not got years of race experience.

Plato potato.... nah... he's just not good enough. And... is it me, or his nose still gettin bigger???!!

re 'other drivers because manufacturers say so'.... no. Its more a case that 'stig' is freelance (same as me), and isnt always available, so sometimes they have to hire another race driver to be a temporary stig. This was a fairly standard practice under both McCarthy and Collins. Result is you always have a high standard race proven driver.