PDA

View Full Version : redtop missing

russnova
23-01-11, 12:05 PM
my redtop has developed a missing when i put the throttle down in all gears. its the dizzy engine i have changed dizzy cap,rotor arm,spark plugs,fuel filter.tryed a differant coil,air flow meter and cts.anyone got any other ideas what it could be?

Damo
23-01-11, 12:09 PM
Could you decribe the missing a little more as it sound like the kind of miss im experiencing but ive so far not managed to cure it.

russnova
23-01-11, 12:20 PM
its like a dip in power or something braking down when trying to drive/build up speed(if that makes sense)

comptoncj
23-01-11, 12:40 PM
Knock sensor or knock sensor wiring, have you flashed the codes off the ecu? my xe had all sorts of issues more to do with the wiring loom being at fault than the engine sensors. failing that try unplugging the tps and seeing if it makes any difference.

russnova
23-01-11, 12:47 PM
yeah flashed the codes an theres nothing coming up.will it still rev with tps unplugged?

russnova
23-01-11, 12:51 PM
yeah flashed the code an theres nothing coming up.will it still rev with tps unplugged?

comptoncj
23-01-11, 01:03 PM
Yes it will as i ran mine without it connected for a few weeks.

Damo
23-01-11, 01:38 PM
its like a dip in power or something braking down when trying to drive/build up speed(if that makes sense)
Sounds esactilly like what mines doing its like dipping every 100-200 revs while accelerating through the revs but it still picks up speed at the same time im putting it down to the loom as ive no codes showing either and my knock sensor wire was broken to start with.

russnova
23-01-11, 03:09 PM
damen-have you replaced the knock sensor because i am going to swap mine see if it cures it

Damo
23-01-11, 04:07 PM
damen-have you replaced the knock sensor because i am going to swap mine see if it cures it

Yea mate ive changed mine 3 times i have a wire broken that runs to the knock sensor that ive now replaced with another length of wire to get the light off but im still left with the miss like i said i think its the loom tbh so im gonna put my mint loom on in the summer and try that.

auzzy-b
23-01-11, 06:42 PM
Is it kangarooing, jerking? Lol
It's could be blocked breather pipes..

russnova
06-02-11, 05:08 PM
changed the knock sensor now an its still the same.anyone got any ideas??