PDA

View Full Version : protecting new paint?

tommy8252
23-01-11, 10:53 AM
Getting my car back from the bodyshop next week after a full respray and just wondering what's the best thing to do to protect the paintwork as It's my daily? And the best products to use? Am I right in thinkin it will need a good wax?

pikey1986
23-01-11, 10:59 AM
collinite wax is very good and lasts a long time before you need to re-apply it

g0ne
23-01-11, 09:31 PM
Depending on how far you are wanting to go to get into detailing any wax will protect it just some longer then others. Hard wax lasts longer then soft etc. Most time its just personal preference, so aslong as you keep on top of it any will do.

Tazzy
29-12-11, 09:16 PM
i may be too late here, but if its fresh paint, dont put anything on it what so ever

paint needs to breath, especially when its curing straight from the bodyshop, for at least 8 weeks

best thing to to is wash it often with a non-wax containing shampoo, and use a quick detailer like meguiars ultimate quik D as a sproose up

dont use a sponge either, or a natrual chamais

jonesy1
15-03-12, 10:55 PM
Use auto glym life shine to seal the paint they've just fetched out a new life shine that's really good and it's easy to apply for a change for autoglym lol

G-nova
15-03-12, 11:41 PM
frecla wax top polish is specially designed for fresh paint work we use it at work

Nova_Tek
15-03-12, 11:47 PM
I used AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection sealer on the Cav. Last page in the project thread (sig in link below) will show you the results.

ash.
03-04-12, 07:29 PM
i'd say dimondbright jewelultra over anything for fresh paint.