PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshop prices?

Danb1987
22-01-11, 09:31 PM
How much do you think a bodyshop would charge to smooth and spray a set of gte bumpers in laser blue?

I would supply the paint...

Dan

db_1.2
22-01-11, 09:57 PM
How many more questions do you think you will post in innapropiate sections?

Anyway, everybody has they're prices, espeicially when it comes to body shops, due to the majority of them being privately owned.

FYI, just go and ask your nearest bodyshop

AdamK
22-01-11, 09:58 PM
Depends what body shop it is assuming your talking about an avarage joe's body shop? id say about 300 350
my grandad got a scuff on the front of his v50 wasnt very deep but it needed abit of filler work and paint and they were all quoting about 130

Edit didnt read you were suplying paint changes things abit

16v Nova Kev
22-01-11, 10:07 PM
imo. body shops like ours prefere to use their own/usual brand of paint so supplying your own wont change the price much. 1/2 a litre of water base is only 30/40 quid.

tommy8252
22-01-11, 10:19 PM
Just to repair a scuff on the rear bumper of my nova was 140 quid yet the same guy charged me 140 to smooth and spray the same rear bumper completely and a spoiler so it really does depend as said above go to a few bodyshops and get some quotes

Danb1987
22-01-11, 10:20 PM
Ever so sorry for posting in the wrong section db I do apologise.......

Il ring round a few shops on Monday because they seem to be closed at 9.57pm on a sat night...

Thanks anyway

db_1.2
22-01-11, 10:23 PM
Ever so sorry for posting in the wrong section db I do apologise.......

Il ring round a few shops on Monday because they seem to be closed at 9.57pm on a sat night...

Thanks anyway

I feel bad for the dig now lol

Good luck with the price searching anyway, I always barter with body shops, or try and get more work done at one time, that way they usually do it cheaper :thumb:

novasrikev
22-01-11, 10:24 PM
prob bout 130 pal

Danb1987
22-01-11, 10:27 PM
Cheers kev... And db it wasn't a dig ;) lol I just wanted a rough guide price as I started attempting mine today and thought it might be better to pay someone to do it right lol

16v Nova Kev
22-01-11, 10:27 PM
prob bout 130 pal

no chance filling the bumpers is lots of man hours=dosh:thumb:

novasrikev
22-01-11, 10:29 PM
no chance filling the bumpers is lots of man hours=dosh:thumb:

the front bumper is mostly smoothed and the rear would be bout half hour to do

db_1.2
22-01-11, 10:30 PM
Cheers kev... And db it wasn't a dig ;) lol I just wanted a rough guide price as I started attempting mine today and thought it might be better to pay someone to do it right lol

Lol I'd never work in a body shop, hate anything to do with bodywork. I helped out for a week before, and that was plenty

16v Nova Kev
22-01-11, 10:33 PM
wut.... half an hour to 80grit the bumper degrease fill wait for filler to dry rub and maybe fill again.

AdamK
22-01-11, 10:33 PM
the front bumper is mostly smoothed and the rear would be bout half hour to do

Yes to one of us but when your paid by the hour youll tend to find most places take their time

EDIT do the prep work yourselff will save abit

novasrikev
22-01-11, 10:38 PM
Yes to one of us but when your paid by the hour youll tend to find most places take their time

EDIT do the prep work yourselff will save abit

you dont when you are on bonus pal you get your head down and get on with it:)

16v Nova Kev
22-01-11, 10:39 PM
Lol I'd never work in a body shop, hate anything to do with bodywork. I helped out for a week before, and that was plenty

body work is ace. so satisfying:thumb: but bad for youlol

Grey
22-01-11, 11:01 PM
Make sure you look at there work before going ahead with getting them done! and give them a strict time limit also! and get a agreed written price on paper!!

You can never be to carefull! there are alot of SHIZA paintshops out there!

And as above prices varey so much could be 200+ easy who knows :thumb: 118 212 moreen coorrrrrr shes cheap lol

Gareth_C
22-01-11, 11:33 PM
Ill ask my mate tomorrow as he has his own shop but from what I can remember when he paintted my car he prefered to get all the materials his self. Due to the fact if the prep work and material normally gives you the quality of the finish.