PDA

View Full Version : project 1.4sr which bits

marko
09-06-03, 09:26 PM
hi people
my 91 J 1.4 sr (carb) is now in the garage as a summer/winter project to be ready for next spring. I need to replace the front panel and wings but the rest of the car is ok (oh except the head gasket and a couple of valves! :oops: ), and do a few smoothing mods etc
I was wondering what the best thing is to do with regard to engine mods whilst the head is off. Presuming the bottom end is ok I was thinking about spending a few hundred on sorting the top end out, should I just bin the 1.4sr head and 2e3 carb in favour of a 1.2 head and a single weber, with a piper cam or something? What would I need to watch out for on exhaust and inlet side of things? WOuld it end up just being hassle? Or would it be easier just to fit new valves, gas flow and port the existing head then look for a weber and an exhaust system?
I have stripped it out and plan to fit competition engine mounts and a cage - what is the best/easiest to fit and best value cage for the nova?
Any other tips for suspension setups etc would be appreciated - trying to do this on the cheap though!
Thanks
Marko :D