PDA

View Full Version : Tigra Rocker cover change ?

1990GTEBOY
22-01-11, 06:04 PM
Hi,

my brother asked me to help change the rocker cover gasket tomorrow on his wifes 1.6 tigra, ive done a few on the older astras and novas but none on the eco-tech, are the a difficult job or streight forward ?

also he's spotted that the breather attached to the manifold is not connected !! any reasons why not ? apart from a mistake.

cheers in advance.

Archie
22-01-11, 06:10 PM
Top half of the inlet manifold needs to come off. A few 10mms across the back.
A couple of inverted torxs or 10mm's holding it onto the cam cover.

It'll be inverted torx bolts holding the cam cover on as well, breathers should be connected unless it has a catch can or something fitted?

1990GTEBOY
22-01-11, 06:14 PM
Top half of the inlet manifold needs to come off. A few 10mms across the back.
A couple of inverted torxs or 10mm's holding it onto the cam cover.

It'll be inverted torx bolts holding the cam cover on as well, breathers should be connected unless it has a catch can or something fitted?

no catch can fitted, must have been a bodge job. thanks for the info.

comptoncj
22-01-11, 06:19 PM
It may have a blocked breather and that has been removed to stop the build up of crank case pressure which possibly caused the rocker cover gasket to fail? just a thought might just have come off?

Archie
22-01-11, 06:29 PM
Also when you have the upper inlet off you may find the throttle body to be gunked up as well.

You'll have to loosen the jubilee clip on the TB rubber when removing the upper inlet as well while i remember.