PDA

View Full Version : Purplenova

BC
09-06-03, 07:04 PM
does anyone know who this is as i sent him a cheq a while ago and despite all my emails i think he has done a runner. i agreed to buy som smoked rear clusters of him sent him a cheque and have still not received anything and that was over a month ago.

What should i do? he lives in colchester/essex i think

wisewood
09-06-03, 07:08 PM
Has the cheque been cashed? if not contact your bank and cancel it.
Problem solved.

If it has been cashed, do you have his address still from when you posted him the cheque??

Anton
09-06-03, 07:09 PM
i live in the same place, you got his full name?

Ben (lurk75)
09-06-03, 07:19 PM
i think that is bernie, and also thought he was near Reading?

He was going to buy an interior of me but completely wound me up and wasted my time.

BC
09-06-03, 08:25 PM
his name is neil oakley and the address is

Neil Oakley
33 Lime Grove
doddinghurst
Brentwood
ESSEX
CM15 0QX

the cheque was one i got direct from bank and comes straight out of my account ant the only way to cancil it is if i get it back

i think i will just leave it and next time i'm in the area i will pay him a visit as my nan lives up there.

MattyWoo
09-06-03, 08:46 PM
what a surprise. wheres the lads that had trouble with him before???

Anton
09-06-03, 09:01 PM
i think it was chris lr

Snowface
09-06-03, 09:22 PM
i think i remeber seeing the name Neil Oakley somewhere before about complaing about money sent to him and not heard ne more.

Tilly
09-06-03, 10:19 PM
ive seen that name pop up b4

Ben (lurk75)
09-06-03, 11:18 PM
lmao

not the same guy i meant but still, should be a warning about this.

wisewood
10-06-03, 12:46 PM
I will write out a warning about dodgy traders etc and post it in the for sale sections...

Just gotta spend some time on it to make it read right though - very easy to get these things wrong.

Aragorn
10-06-03, 01:01 PM
i know he's fucked both me and chrislr about

i finally got my dash about a month later and was not as advertised - was missing transducer - and chris got a refund after a lot of fucking around iirc

the mobile number i had for him was:

07732 095242

dunno if he's still got it or what

he was using the board name neiloakley back then tho so maybe he's changed his name or got a new account to disguise the fact

Ste_Nova
10-06-03, 01:23 PM
ohhh mobile number :twisted:

Paul
10-06-03, 11:50 PM
He fucked me about too. Saying he would buy a bumper off me, and just general time wasting. WANKER.

RobHardyUK
11-06-03, 12:10 AM
Yeah me 2 me 2!!!! :D

burgo
11-06-03, 12:36 AM
this guy seems a right pr1ck

Tazzy
11-06-03, 01:47 AM
i recognise that name as well, i might have his addy on msn!

wisewood
11-06-03, 10:32 AM
Right i have added a little announcement to of the for sale and wanted sections... its not gonna stop this kinda thing though.

What you reckon? should i set up a database for people to report problems etc so that users can check their potential buyer or seller against a list of those which have been problematic in the past?

BC
11-06-03, 10:50 AM
deffinaltely

RobHardyUK
11-06-03, 11:21 AM
Yeah, i reckon, trouble is though you could just get new users jumping on and making hoax complaints? But you could try it i reckon, might be really good

wisewood
11-06-03, 11:24 AM
just ran the idea past Kev... he seems ok with it so will get something done asap. Need a nice big disclaimer on there though... thats gonna take some writing :lol:

Paul
11-06-03, 11:27 AM
This might be a bit complicated, but how about something like e-bay, where you rate tyhe seller and buyer. With the star method, and you can add comments about them.

wisewood
11-06-03, 11:30 AM
thats not a bad idea, but you are right... it is complicated :lol:

will get something thrown together for now... worry about more complex systems later. Good plan though mate... like it.

Paul
11-06-03, 11:33 AM
I'm actually doing some pretty good stuff this morning despite my 3hours sleep on the floor last nite.

Dicko
11-06-03, 12:42 PM
andy check MIG for wording...

Please be clear about what you are selling and where abouts you are located. Also, if you do not plan to return here for a while, make sure you enable email or leave a phone number so that people can get back to you.

When people are selling goods can you only reply to them if you are interested in the goods that are on offer.

Can I ask that people do not make comments towards others who are selling non vauxhall related goods and also please do not make comments about the price they are asking for. By all means make an offer to see whether the person will except or not.

Any person who has sold there goods wishes for the post to be deleted it can be arranged by contacting a moderator by PM.

they just have that and then a post below with 'dodgy' sellers listed in it

wisewood
11-06-03, 12:49 PM
Thats the sort of thing i am thinking of... but with extra bits thrown in.

dave.gsi
11-06-03, 12:57 PM
and without the spelling mistake.....

whether the person will except or not.

accept???

wisewood
11-06-03, 01:02 PM
i noticed that too... :lol:

dont worry there wont be any spelling mistakes in it.