PDA

View Full Version : Ashley C20xe exhaust system for nova?

MattBrown
21-01-11, 07:59 PM
What are these like?

After my holiday with the grid booked, I'm allowed to spend my own money on me.

What are they like?

They sound nice?

Don't want anything too loud, but I like a rasp to an exhaust.

Ta all.

Rep will be given for good answers:):)

Mieran
21-01-11, 08:04 PM
scott with the orange/gold mk2 runs this system on his nova, hes got vids on youtube too, he has an extra silencer tho

Mike
21-01-11, 08:06 PM
Ashley exhaust systems have always been rather good, not stupidly loud, but not quite either, a nice rasp to them like. Sound excellent on carb'd motors too.

Gareth_C
21-01-11, 08:07 PM
What are these like?

After my holiday with the grid booked, I'm allowed to spend my own money on me.

What are they like?

They sound nice?

Don't want anything too loud, but I like a rasp to an exhaust.

Ta all.

Rep will be given for good answers:):)

Hi matt they are pretty good, last year I was running the biggest manifold they do (1 3/4" primarys 2" seconarys to a 2.5" tail) and they specially made me a 2.5" rally exhaust to suit. it ran 98Db at 4000rpm. They dont hang too low under the car. The sound is hard to describe as I was always driving it but was told it had a deep rasp to it. Also mine is for sale if your interested exhaust and manifold is 14months old. Pm me if your interested

MattBrown
21-01-11, 08:10 PM
Ohh.

Mike, I'm going carbs, so all is well there.

Just a matter of buying the bugger.

What sort of money Gareth?

Gareth_C
21-01-11, 08:11 PM
Ohh.

Mike, I'm going carbs, so all is well there.

Just a matter of buying the bugger.

What sort of money Gareth?

Looking for around £200 for the pair mate :thumb:

Mike
21-01-11, 08:11 PM
Ive got a nice vid somewhere of a T40'd SR with an ashley system & manifold will host it in a sec when I find it...

MattBrown
21-01-11, 08:13 PM
Cheers mike.

It's hard to "explain" a sound lol

Mike
21-01-11, 08:15 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/th_Flamer.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/?action=view&current=Flamer.mp4)

mk1nova_rich
21-01-11, 08:16 PM
bad man lol lol

MattBrown
21-01-11, 08:17 PM
Sounds good that mike.

Are the pops and bangs associated with the carbs overrunning?

Mike
21-01-11, 08:17 PM
A whole load of Martin Bowyer horsepower that engine was.

Probably Matt, I was young an more foolish like so just didnt really give a **** lol got the engine on the cheap from a smahed Nova rally car back in 2004/5ish.

Iain
21-01-11, 08:20 PM
Coincidentally I was thinking the other day 'its been a while since Mike has posted that shoddy flame spitting video' lol

I bought an Ashley system for my XE. Manifold needs modding to physically fit and my centre section shifter kink hits the exhaust tunnel. Hmmm

MattBrown
21-01-11, 08:21 PM
Coincidentally I was thinking the other day 'its been a while since Mike has posted that shoddy flame spitting video' lol

I bought an Ashley system for my XE. Manifold needs modding to physically fit and my centre section shifter kink hits the exhaust tunnel. Hmmm

That's ****e then!

Is it not worth it then?

Iain
21-01-11, 08:23 PM
If I were to do it again I'd probably get the manifold (as the mods aren't major just a bit annoying, just grind the flange down a bit) and get the rest custom made to the car. Gonna mod it like Scott Parker has done with another silencer.

Adam
21-01-11, 08:32 PM
The manifolds are good.
But a few people have had issues with the "Nova XE" systems.

MattBrown
21-01-11, 08:35 PM
They seem cheap, £220?

That must be just the system with no manifold?

Iain
21-01-11, 08:37 PM
Yep mani is about £170 IIRC

lidz
21-01-11, 10:01 PM
i used a ashley system on my xe which was for a mk2 1.4sr, there a 2" bore and require hardly any modification to bolt onto a calibra type xe standard manifold. it was chopped to length and welded the flange back on that was it. it sounded awsome it wasnt to loud or to quiet

SR-Rally
22-01-11, 09:28 AM
If you want a good exhaust Matt i no someone who will make the whole exhaust custom to your car. You'd need to drop the car off with him for a week and it will cost no more then 500 for whole system but it will be best exhaust you ever buy :) he use to make exhaust for all sorts of different f1 cars etc. Now he just does local rally cars etc for beer tokens

MattBrown
22-01-11, 10:28 AM
If you want a good exhaust Matt i no someone who will make the whole exhaust custom to your car. You'd need to drop the car off with him for a week and it will cost no more then 500 for whole system but it will be best exhaust you ever buy :) he use to make exhaust for all sorts of different f1 cars etc. Now he just does local rally cars etc for beer tokens

That's my diff money lol

Danny s-p
22-01-11, 10:31 AM
here a few vids of gareth's so u can hear it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FGxlL7jACs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1b_0OVr-pc&feature=related