PDA

View Full Version : Fingers crossed this is better than the last attempt!

L14MNP
21-01-11, 05:53 PM
Red Dwarf is returming for a full new series. (http://channelhopping.onthebox.com/2011/01/21/red-dwarf-returns/)

I used to think only S1-7 were any good, but S8 got a whole lot better after that 'Back to Earth' 3 part Dave BS special! :cry: lol

Series nine is meant to pick up where 8 left off - I guess they're just ignoring the Dave crap then? It would be nice if Rob Grant was back for this series - seeing as we're never getting a film by the look of it!

Part of me wishes they would just let RD lie, instead of tarnishing it's awesome name with this crap. Seeing as they won't though, here's hoping they manage to come close to the previous series' then!

NOV4_SPORT
21-01-11, 06:01 PM
Red dwarf was and still is amazing, didnt rate back to earth thou, i hope that series 9 is not a let down.

iain

L14MNP
21-01-11, 06:06 PM
"Better dead than smeg!"

I'll watch it, no matter how crap it is. It's probably peaked (S5/6 for me) but still can be streets ahead of anything else out there - if written properly.

Wasn't it RD that used to get ratings higher that Top Gear on BBC2? I'm sure it was that way around.

Mazz
21-01-11, 10:26 PM
RD rocks, hopefully it be the same level/sense of humour of the season 4-6

phazer
21-01-11, 10:30 PM
Series 4 and 5 were the best IMO, though Gunmen of the Apocolypse from series 6 is I think one of *the* best episodes.

mowgli
21-01-11, 10:43 PM
show me a sit com that gets brought back that is actually as good as the early ones.........

apart from only fools & horses, the first series was so bad, it got cancelled, but the beeb had nothing to replace it, so it got a second go.. they'd even sold the reliant van

Andy
21-01-11, 10:45 PM
Never been a fan of Red dwarf.ever.
Theres been funnier things on.

mowgli
21-01-11, 10:46 PM
oh, it had its moments

flyin flea
23-01-11, 01:10 PM
This news was confirmed by a disgruntled Robert LLewelin on his blog late on Thursday night, after Criag Charles inadvertedly let the cat right out of the bag during an interview on Radio City (scouse FM!) I believe.

It all started months ago on Twitter (so the other half tells me), Doug Naylor and Rob Llewelin had a chatter on there. Eventually the discussion moved to RD.... and eventually.... on to 'so do you think we could do RD again?'
Twitters RD fans then erupted! "You have to" etc..... Rob and Doug then continued the conversation by telephone!

There is no question as to whether it would be a success. The last RD special on Dave generated Daves biggest audience.... EVER.... 2.4million! Even the main terrestrial channels dream of that now!

Months later, the scouse twit lets Danny John Joules (Cat) right out of the metaphorical bag! .....there is to be a new series, commisioned by Dave tv.... Although I havnt seen anything in the indurstry mags yet.

The new series will all be shot in front of a live studio audience.... so any laughter is not 'canned laughter', but real reactionary laughter. Their biggest concern now then is technology. When the last series was shot mobile phones didnt have cameras, no-one had even thought of YouTube, and blogs were rare. What they dont want is an army of smeg heads recording snippets of the studio recordings and uploading it to t'internet along with a full script/dialogue/spoiler. By the time it goes to air many months later, everyone will already know the plot..... which is crap.... even if you dont like RD.... it would be the same with any pre-recorded TV programme.

So Robert Llewelins thought is they can either have an 'open audience' and ask people not to record it or tell the world what happens, if they do, they're a complete smeg head. OR, limit it to Red Dwarf fans only, allowing them all to turn up in fancy dress, and pester for endless autographs afterward, and who they know will not blab.

And that..... is why its coming back!

frills
29-01-11, 08:48 AM
does anyone have any confirmed dates,by the way
smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast