PDA

View Full Version : New Sport owner

abznovasport
19-01-11, 12:53 AM
Hi everyone,

Just joined the site as I'm about to take on a massive sport restoration! I'v been browsing through the forums and found some threads to be really imformative so probably be hearing a lot from me!

Have owned a few novas in my time, a diamond with a cavy 1800 engine, gte, and a few sr's so know a little about them and there problems. I'm not a mechanic by trade so any advice welcome.

I'm hoping to restore the car back to its original state using as many genuine parts as possible. If anyone knows any good contacts/websites in selling parts and finding out information id love to hear from them.

Not picking car up for a few weeks but will upload some pics as soon as.

Cheers
Ian

Danny s-p
19-01-11, 01:19 AM
welcome to png mate if you pay £10 and became a full member there a full section just for nova sport owners. and you get discount on loads stuff including shows etc etc etc enjoy your stay

abznovasport
19-01-11, 02:39 AM
Sounds great! How do you go about becoming a full member??? I see alot of people mentioning genuine GM parts, Is there any internet sites selling these or is it just a visit to the dealers each time?? Nearest vauxhall garage to me is a good drive away.

brainsnova
19-01-11, 03:00 AM
It's at the top the big logo saying join png. Genuine panels are mostly nls in the uk at dealers but you might be lucky sometimes in the parts for sale new panels are for sale

abznovasport
19-01-11, 04:24 AM
Yeah the big red letters should of gave it away, joined now, cheers.

bazil
19-01-11, 05:51 AM
Ah would this be Johns old sports then? Welcome along cheif,

Royston
19-01-11, 07:05 AM
Welcome,
Get joined up and the Sportszone will come avalable

kevster
19-01-11, 07:08 AM
welcome to the club :)

scorge01
19-01-11, 07:16 AM
welcome bud where Are you based exactly? i don't live far from Aberdeen.

have you most parts for the build bar panels im guessing?

also what spec you going for? standard or is there updated parts going on?

Edd
19-01-11, 07:51 AM
Welcome to Png

Ahh John's Sport, I did wonder weather the new owner would come on here :)

Genuine panels are hard to find tbh

Good quality pattern panels here tho

http://www.carz2.co.uk/vauxhall-nova-04830393-c-331_523.html

Genuine panels here at OpelClassicParts, postage can be pricey tho

http://stores.ebay.de/Opel-Classic-Parts-Center/Corsa-A-/_i.html?_fsub=6660424&_sid=134069178&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

If you get stuck finding stuff or need any advice just ask, everyone on here is very helpful and will no doubt be able to point you in the right direction

Check out some of the other Sport builds as well

Edd

grooge
19-01-11, 10:16 AM
seeing as its fairly near to you, how about buying this, keeping the panels and selling the rest?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2385340.htm

Hoochie
19-01-11, 10:20 AM
Hola, welcome to the nut house, at last the mystery shopper is revealed....:)

NOV4_SPORT
19-01-11, 11:29 AM
Hello and welcome, good to see the car is going to get restored.

iain

John
19-01-11, 11:53 AM
Hi Ian! Good to see you've found your way on here!

Southie
19-01-11, 11:58 AM
Hi and welcome to PNG :)

abznovasport
19-01-11, 04:00 PM
Hello all!

Yeah mystery buyer has been revealed! It's quite funny looking through the posts before i joined and seeing the eBay updates! I did notice the bumper on at the same time but i missed the end of the auction.

So my plans are pretty much as you guessed just put it back to original, think i read somewhere something about plates for a roll cage so might do that or was that someone elses! read so much recently!

Anyway thanks everyone for saying hi, sure you will be hearing from me at some point.

John: When i get off this hell hole of an oil rig Il inform you of where i'm staying and you can inform me where i can get a pint!

John
19-01-11, 09:41 PM
Hello all!

Yeah mystery buyer has been revealed! It's quite funny looking through the posts before i joined and seeing the eBay updates! I did notice the bumper on at the same time but i missed the end of the auction.

So my plans are pretty much as you guessed just put it back to original, think i read somewhere something about plates for a roll cage so might do that or was that someone elses! read so much recently!

Anyway thanks everyone for saying hi, sure you will be hearing from me at some point.

John: When i get off this hell hole of an oil rig Il inform you of where i'm staying and you can inform me where i can get a pint!

lol Like i've said, stoke is pretty much a dive tbh, the good pubs aren't in the city centre lol.

Ian, if you didn't know already I purchased loads of Genuine gm panels in order to complete the car. (those and well almost everything else needed tbf!) I have sold a few bits already but if you're interested in anything let me know via email :thumb:

You're deffo in the right place for sport Knowledge on here fella.:)

Cle
19-01-11, 09:42 PM
:) welcome along mate, Gald to see there's a sport not to far from me :) lol

stuartyj21
20-01-11, 09:12 AM
welcome to the png, goodluck with the project be prepared for alot of hard work.

sport
20-01-11, 06:46 PM
Welcome and good luck with your rebuild.

dc1984
20-01-11, 06:51 PM
welcome along matey:)

Mark Sparks
21-01-11, 09:12 PM
welcome to the BEST club hope you find lots of inspiration on here coz you will need it when building a sport