PDA

View Full Version : corsa redtop brakes

joebickerton
18-01-11, 06:40 PM
hi lads and ladies maybe im doing a corsa redtop conversion soon but im driving it with the normal 1.4sport engine in it for 6months-12months and then doing the conversion but im going to get the better brakes now so is there any certain ones u guys would say to go for i.e off calibras or cavi's???

Nobby
18-01-11, 06:53 PM
basic 256mm ates off a calibra cav or astra will do the job

craig green
18-01-11, 06:56 PM
If using 16v Astra/Cav stuff I'd say you want a performance pad, using the V6 Vectra gear you can probably get away with cheaper pads as the stopping power should be better from the larger disc & larger pad area.

This will open up a debate over wether the V6 stuff works with the Corsa mastercylinder. I found it did & by adjusting the clevis pin on the pedal, firms up the feel nicely.

Just go with what you can find cheap enough & what wheels you are using, V6's fit behind most 15" wheels just about.

joebickerton
18-01-11, 07:05 PM
basic 256mm ates off a calibra cav or astra will do the job

ok mate much appreciated :D cheers

joebickerton
18-01-11, 07:05 PM
If using 16v Astra/Cav stuff I'd say you want a performance pad, using the V6 Vectra gear you can probably get away with cheaper pads as the stopping power should be better from the larger disc & larger pad area.

This will open up a debate over wether the V6 stuff works with the Corsa mastercylinder. I found it did & by adjusting the clevis pin on the pedal, firms up the feel nicely.

Just go with what you can find cheap enough & what wheels you are using, V6's fit behind most 15" wheels just about.

ahh i see buddy yh its going to be 15inch or 16inch wheels so all should be fine :D thanks

MattBrown
18-01-11, 07:07 PM
Cav or Cally Turbo brakes.

284mm, with Fiat Coupe Brake disks.

Redrill the 10mm hole to 11mm and your game on.