PDA

View Full Version : so i went skiing at the snowdome last night

mowgli
18-01-11, 02:03 PM
yes i was at tamworth's 3rd busiest attraction, after the dole office and the road back out of town....

1. i haven't skied for 22 years, so i was cacking it.
2. the missus thought it was a good idea when she secretly booked it as moral support for our eldest daughter, who is off to italy with her school on friday and was having a private lesson..
3. are all snowboarders ar$eholes???? there i was merrily trying to remember what to do, like most of the time actually, and suddenly the norville rogers(google him) fan club turned up.... they'd got saggy trousers that would make spudly jealous, they could neither stop nor steer, and they would hurtle down the slope in no way controlling their actions, and if one fell over, they would claim to be trying a 'dwight spenkman' or similar & the others would congratulate them... oh, and there is a rope lift & several of them managed to fall backwards down it clouting skiers on the way......

discuss please

Hobbit
18-01-11, 02:07 PM
nah, you'll find skiers are the ones in the wrong, all that zig zagging down the slopes getting in the way :p

mowgli
18-01-11, 02:07 PM
not if you go quick enough, like i was at the end of the session......

bazil
18-01-11, 02:08 PM
Yup most are koks, rope lifts are pish too, at the Glasgow snowdome they chuck you out if you can't behave on the big slope, I'm still learning but reasonable now,

Southie
18-01-11, 02:16 PM
http://images0.cpcache.com/product_zoom/193485240v8_400x400_Front_Color-White.jpg

mowgli
18-01-11, 02:20 PM
i was actually surprised that considering i'd not skied for 22 years, and if you want to class skied sober, more like 29 years, and skis are a way different design to the old ones, that were about 7' long and solid, within 4 runs, i was pretty much back up to speed....

also i didn't manage to fall down once, and there were cameras ready for me to do so

Mazz
18-01-11, 10:18 PM
Skiing rocks :) although the snow dome doesn't :( we need to go back there soon though as we're off to Finland, Levi for a week's skiing in 4 weeks!

And yes, boarders are cocks ;)

bazil
18-01-11, 11:52 PM
Mazz get pics as me and the wife are looking at Finland too,

Mazz
19-01-11, 07:48 PM
Will do :) Norway is very good too..

Yorkie
19-01-11, 08:27 PM
Only been once! Me and sam had a private lesson it was GREAT :D , so wouldnt know what proper Ski people are like lol

Lee
19-01-11, 09:32 PM
Mazz get pics as me and the wife are looking at Finland too,

Look up Tignes in France. Awesome place!

chimp007_uk
19-01-11, 09:39 PM
Look up Tignes in France. Awesome place!

I've been to Tignes several times, awesome selection of runs!

Looking to go again this year, but £700 with pass atm. A little steep really for a week.

I'll be off to the snowdome at Tamworth next week no doubt, promised my gf if she passes her vet nursing exams i'd treat her. She gets the results tomorrow...

On the side topic of skier v's boarder, I ski and hate boarders. they always seem to be sitting on their ass right were you want to ski. :mad:

bazil
19-01-11, 09:39 PM
But France isn't where Santa lives :(

we want to go to Finland for other reasons too, it's a place I've always wanted to visit along with Iceland :)

mowgli
19-01-11, 10:58 PM
why, don't they have frozen food shops in scotland?

bazil
19-01-11, 11:58 PM
BOOM BOOM

somewhere different, Id also want to go to Finland in the summer to see the 1000 lakes rally lol

Mazz
21-01-11, 10:41 PM
On the side topic of skier v's boarder, I ski and hate boarders. they always seem to be sitting on their ass right were you want to ski. :mad:

IME at the SD its 90% boarders, but on the mountain its the other way around which is nice!

mowgli
21-01-11, 10:46 PM
well, my daughter left on a bus this morning at 630. they are now in passo tonale in italy, and i'm really jealous.

chimp007_uk
23-01-11, 09:28 PM
I'm still to book my holiday, although will be doing it tomorow. Off to tamworth snow dome this week, promised the gf I'd treat her if she passed all her vetenary nursing exams lol

mowgli
23-01-11, 09:32 PM
just go toboganning.. they even put human targets (marshalls) on the slope.....

chimp007_uk
24-01-11, 06:23 PM
Booked our holiday... Off to Deux Alpes on the 5th Feb. £299 each inc flights, transfers, hotel and meals :) was £30 extra for my skis. RESULT!!

CAN NOT WAIT.......

Mazz
25-01-11, 11:19 AM
shweeet :)