PDA

View Full Version : Dta, Omex, Megasquirt???

bazil
18-01-11, 12:30 AM
What would you recommend for a 1.6 8v turbo ?

I was thinking about DTA,

any recommendations would be good,

thanks.

DAN-F
18-01-11, 02:01 AM
they use megasquirt a lot on www.vaux-extreme.com (http://www.vaux-extreme.com) have a look on there

phazer
18-01-11, 02:17 PM
I can recommend DTA having had one for years. The newer models have some pretty cool features.

Check out the specs of anything you're interested in and see if they can do what you need. DTA can't drive a stepper motor idle control for example but can do the 20XE valve.

I might as well say it as someone will sooner or later. Find someone to map the car you trust and ask them what their preferred system is. If they want to sell you an obscure ECU walk away - check that you can connect to and alter the ecu you're interested in yourself. Nothing worse than dealer only kit.

There are some good guys on the DTA Forum to buy from etc

bazil
18-01-11, 02:23 PM
I looked up dta and they ate Manchester area, the nearest place to do RR setup for me have a habbit of blowing up cars so I don't mind travelling a wee bit lol, I'll try the ones on the east coast and see what they say,

Just looking for opinions from those who have bought and use different products to see there opinions,

Dayle_
18-01-11, 02:33 PM
I too would say DTA as I have just acquired a S40, I know Alan and Tony is a good friend of mine who run DTA and there service is second to none.

I also can get good prices on these too so if your interested let me know and ill put you in touch with someone.

Megasquirt I have also used in the past and is very good but the thing is each one varies in build quality and you will find alot of top rolling road tuning companies will not touch them due to this. They don't want the liability or responsibility if something breaks due to something being soldered into the ECU incorrectly.

Danny s-p
18-01-11, 02:35 PM
if i run bike carbs or tb's am looking in to dta

grooge
18-01-11, 03:34 PM
I looked up dta and they ate Manchester area, the nearest place to do RR setup for me have a habbit of blowing up cars so I don't mind travelling a wee bit lol, I'll try the ones on the east coast and see what they say,

ava??

bazil
18-01-11, 03:51 PM
yup, never actually heard a good reveiw for them, but they have been about for ages

Gareth_C
18-01-11, 05:01 PM
I would say dta as well im running my xe on it and the functiopns and features are good.

GDN16v
18-01-11, 05:43 PM
Go for any decent engine management system that has a mapper close to you that you would trust with youre car!;)

DTA or Omex will be fine, as long as the person who maps it knows what they are doing! :thumb:

C612DNM
18-01-11, 10:01 PM
DTA gets my vote.

comptoncj
18-01-11, 10:59 PM
When funds allow i will be going to some better managment, the c16xe stuff doesnt like boost and i think this may be the reason it keeps cutting out not wanting to idle, so i will possibly be going DTA the end of this year.

Dayle_
19-01-11, 09:18 AM
God i need to get a group buy going on DTA stuff.

grooge
19-01-11, 10:50 AM
yup, never actually heard a good reveiw for them, but they have been about for ages

yeah, ive heard a few horror stories but ive heard there good with rs turbos and know one or two people who have used them without problems.