PDA

View Full Version : keys

bloke
09-06-03, 10:20 AM
i no this isnt really technical but i coulnd think of anywhere elso to put this.

i was in a car accident over the weekend (dont worry no novas were involved) and my keys went flying so now i cant drive my car cus i have no keys. Anyone got any idea where i can get a new set of keys from?

cheers

Dicko
09-06-03, 10:30 AM
if u can get your boot open there is a code stamped on the rear lock so u can order a newset

bloke
09-06-03, 11:13 AM
i can get in the drivers door because thats a diffrent lock than the rest and i have a spare for that one so i can get the boot open.

Where do i order a new set from??
someone else said a vauxhall garage but i dont think there is one around here so is there anywhere else?

mikeoxford
09-06-03, 11:25 AM
any key cutting place *SHOULD* be able to cut you a key if they advertise they do car keys, and also if they can translate the number you give them in to which key you need.

at the key cutters though you get horrible silver keys with no black bit on - i had these on my old car until it was delocked and all i needed was the original ignition key!!!

best place REALLY is to goto vauxhall.

you *MAY* need to take proof of ID and proof of ownership (v5)

that may be incorrect but the reason i say that was i was in there the other day and a guy wanted a code for the radio he had just bought and he had to prove he ent just knicked it etc etc, i would have though same applies to keys?

Ste_Nova
09-06-03, 11:29 AM
local lock smith will cut keys to order off the number

Ste_Nova
09-06-03, 11:34 AM
you don't have to have a plain silver key.... i have a late spec vauxhall key with the led light in the key... cut from a boot lock code at a lock shop in manchester

mikeoxford
09-06-03, 11:34 AM
is there an echo in here? :oops: :lol:

bloke
09-06-03, 11:45 AM
oh rite thanks guys i'll see what i can do.

mikeoxford
09-06-03, 11:54 AM
you don't have to have a plain silver key.... i have a late spec vauxhall key with the led light in the key... cut from a boot lock code at a lock shop in manchester

hes showing off now!

didnt know you could get that

sounds cool