PDA

View Full Version : Polycarb Windows

General Lee
17-01-11, 12:56 PM
Hey all,

I am thinking of purchasing some polycarb windows for my nova only problem is she is my daily and in the summer when it get's hot. I will only have a sqaure foot hole to get air from.

Reason im posting is; has anybody put polycarbs in there daily before if so how did it fair up in the hot weather? Or is there a way of getting more air in maybe roof scoop and some holes in the rear window covered by clear plastic scoops. It's the only thing stopping me from buying some!

Cheers In Advance

Nath

mowgli
17-01-11, 01:07 PM
your choice..... weight saving or comfort......

Iain
17-01-11, 01:14 PM
I had the rear 3 fitted on a daily but not fronts. Perhaps get a full kit (with 2 piece front windows), fit them all and see how you get on, and if its terrible replace the drivers door with glass and a winder?

MK999
17-01-11, 01:18 PM
When it got really hot in the summer in my old red nova I actually found keeping the windows up and putting the cold blowers on worked a lot better... air out of the scuttle panel seems to be a lot colder than ambient.

16v Nova Kev
17-01-11, 01:31 PM
do they scratch easily.

mowgli
17-01-11, 01:37 PM
yes, but not as badly as perspex

General Lee
17-01-11, 02:22 PM
Looks like it is going to be if i do it i will have to live with the heat or if i dont then live with the weight! i have leccy windows at the moment, so you can imagine a fair chunk of weight!

Just wondered if anybody had any ideas of getting more air into the car rather than the windows and blowers!

16v Nova Kev
17-01-11, 02:36 PM
roof vent.

mowgli
17-01-11, 04:01 PM
or look up the rear opening window thread... someone worked out that kia? window seals & bits did the job, but the glass is the hardest bit to find.... enter polycarb stage left......