PDA

View Full Version : Changing a thread title??

Danb1987
17-01-11, 12:25 PM
Is this possible to do or do I have to pm admin?
I want to rename my project thread....

Dan

Edd
17-01-11, 12:30 PM
pm mod or admin mate

bmw156
17-01-11, 12:41 PM
it would be fooking useful.

but im sure i asked before and i got some reply about how the new forum software might allow it.

Edd
17-01-11, 12:46 PM
i think before our time you used to be able to change your own thread title

think it got out of hand lol

Count Vaux Alot
17-01-11, 12:49 PM
It would be Very useful but I can also see why it's not allowed

bmw156
17-01-11, 12:57 PM
if you can only change your own titles then it wouldnt matter would it.

also. if you could put on the restriction to just allow it in the forsale forums then it would be most useful.

Edd
17-01-11, 01:00 PM
when we get the 'UPDATE' in 2030 i would expect that option to be added :d

Hoochie
17-01-11, 01:00 PM
Personally i think it should stay as it is, i could see it being a right ballache if thread titles could be edited. :)

Lewis.
17-01-11, 01:05 PM
Personally i think it should stay as it is, i could see it being a right ballache if thread titles could be edited. :)

its usefull in project threads. on the forums where its allowed, people update their titles when they update the thread to show whats happened where.
so the thread "c20let nova project" is edited to "c20let nova project - engine fitted page 20". then it saves you having to trawl backwards through chat from page 27 to find the update :thumb:

Hoochie
17-01-11, 01:10 PM
its usefull in project threads. on the forums where its allowed, people update their titles when they update the thread to show whats happened where.
so the thread "c20let nova project" is edited to "c20let nova project - engine fitted page 20". then it saves you having to trawl backwards through chat from page 27 to find the update :thumb:

Yeah you have a point there, would have to be limited to certain threads...:thumb:

16v Nova Kev
17-01-11, 01:10 PM
it would be good if i could change other peoples sig's^^^

Hoochie
17-01-11, 01:13 PM
it would be good if i could change other peoples sig's^^^

LOL....what would you like to see instead??.... i have lots to play around with....:d

Danb1987
17-01-11, 01:21 PM
All I want to do is change my project thread lol it's called stealth for no reason now as my plans have changed lol

So project stealth c20let wip doesn't really fit the bill..

I don't want to change anything else just the title :)

16v Nova Kev
17-01-11, 01:22 PM
LOL....what would you like to see instead??.... i have lots to play around with....:d

not you i was too slow.:p

Hoochie
17-01-11, 01:38 PM
not you i was too slow.:p

That's ok, i'm rather fond of my broomstick, it's geet fast!...I'm sure if you ask him nicely he'll take your quote off..:)

Spudly
17-01-11, 01:54 PM
Lol i never found a reason to need to change any of my thread titles before i was made a mod, i usually employ the age old tactic of proof reading what ive written before clicking the 'post reply' button:p

AlexW
17-01-11, 02:29 PM
Used to be allowed along with deleting the thread and deleting your own posts, Didn't baxter ruin it? :(

It is useful on other forums.

bmw156
17-01-11, 02:36 PM
Lol i never found a reason to need to change any of my thread titles before i was made a mod, i usually employ the age old tactic of proof reading what ive written before clicking the 'post reply' button:p

so what about a for sale thread when you have.

head light protectors, gold sump, 5 gold rings + more

what happens when you sell the first 3 items and your left with more, it would be good to edit it, rather then start a new thread!

Spudly
17-01-11, 02:38 PM
In which case you either dont brand your title as something specific, or you ask a mod/admin to change it for you, tis not rocket science is it:roll:

Hoochie
17-01-11, 02:40 PM
Well if the edit button was abused then it's only fair it stays out of bounds, i can only imaging a thread x amount of pages long, and someone decides to have a hissy fit or just be a smart @rse and delete all their posts, it then leaves the original thead looking poo and not making sense.

bmw156
17-01-11, 02:41 PM
In which case you either dont brand your title as something specific, or you ask a mod/admin to change it for you, tis not rocket science is it:roll:

if you dont brand it like that, then it means people have to trawl through threads looking for stuff they want,

and its quicker to start a nice clean thread then wait for an admin,

i have started extra threads rather then wait for a mod.

on retro rides, i just edit away!

Spudly
17-01-11, 02:53 PM
Lol its not like it has to be done there and then though is it, thats just being impatient if you ask me, its not like the mods or admin arent on for days on end is it....!

TeddyThom
17-01-11, 03:17 PM
Lol its not like it has to be done there and then though is it, thats just being impatient if you ask me, its not like the mods or admin arent on for days on end is it....!

To be fair though spudders, it would lighten the admin/mods work load... :thumb:

Spudly
17-01-11, 03:20 PM
To be fair though spudders, it would lighten the admin/mods work load... :thumb:

I for one dont mind changing titles and such for peeps (im sure youve guessed by now that im a mod) lol

Dan
17-01-11, 03:50 PM
been here many many times over the years, even allowed the users the right to change stuff and give it a go. We always end up back to the same old same old.

My view on the subject is quite basic, we dont mind changing stuff within reason, as regards changing your own titles etc......

It aint gonna happen :wtf:

Spudly
17-01-11, 03:52 PM
Here endeth the lesson lol

Jack
17-01-11, 08:02 PM
Of all my admin duties, thread title changing takes up about 5% of my time. So sod all really. Plus, the forum software won't allow it due to the way the permissions work - you need edit permissions in the frum view to be able to do that, and if we let that one loose on the membership... bad things.

Thats why I never bothered with a project thread, too much chit chat and not enough doing. Although admittedly mostly that was my fault lol

MUST

RESIST

URGE

TO

REPLACE

"wings" WITH "flaps"...