PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about...... Speed match shifting.

VnoNovaD
16-01-11, 05:16 PM
I.E. shifting without the use of a clutch.

Advice from the folk with more experience than me required.

My clutch is on its way so ive been experimenting a bit.

Can feel my way in and out of 1st, 2nd but im a bit cack-handed after that.

Is there a formula (I.E. change to 2nd at 2k) or is it just grope and fumble like a sat night segs session in a bus shelter?

info stream me like Tron.

Dan
16-01-11, 05:22 PM
ok here we go......

sending now..............................

there, did you get that stream of info?

VnoNovaD
16-01-11, 05:28 PM
ok here we go......

sending now..............................

there, did you get that stream of info?

Hmmmm. Yes. but this is just pictures of you in womens underwear with fire engine red lipstick on.

It striking.

But not the kind of information I was looking for.

Thank you for taking part.

Lewis.
16-01-11, 05:36 PM
Hmmmm. Yes. but this is just pictures of you in womens underwear with fire engine red lipstick on.

It striking.

fooking lol

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VnoNovaD again.

aw :(

AlexW
16-01-11, 05:42 PM
You has another blob.

Dan
16-01-11, 05:48 PM

It striking.

damn, apologies for that, those were meant for stuart, must of been a solar flare at the same approx timeline :(

Connor
16-01-11, 05:50 PM
Ahh VND you crack me up

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VnoNovaD again.
:(

Hoochie
16-01-11, 05:50 PM

It striking.
A sight worth seeing!.....lol;)lol

MK999
16-01-11, 05:55 PM
in a nova at least, just holding it against the gate until it hits the right speed works without grinding noises, eventually you just get used to the sound of the engine and speed you're doing and most of the time on the way up I can shift without the clutch quite easily, on the way down I can't heel/toe properly though, so that's near impossible lol

mk1nova_rich
16-01-11, 06:23 PM
i find it easier in the higher gears but I can heel and toe coming down the gears so thats better than trying to change down without the clutch.

Asa-James
16-01-11, 06:25 PM
You have a modern box with synchromesh, shifting without the clutch will cause more damage than is needed. Stop being bloody lazy and get the clutch changed!

VnoNovaD
16-01-11, 07:47 PM
You have a modern box with synchromesh, shifting without the clutch will cause more damage than is needed. Stop being bloody lazy and get the clutch changed!

This is probably a damning fact.

Cheers for the advice though everyone.
All good to know.
Apparently as has been said, press and feel.
And high revs shifting down, low revs going up.

:d

Bubba
16-01-11, 08:31 PM
my old f20 would change at roughly 2700rpm with no clutch

L14MNP
17-01-11, 05:29 PM
lol @ spambot living up to his perceived nature.

If the clutch is mullered Ben the last thing you want is to add more boost to the mix.

Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should. You're lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake.

mowgli
17-01-11, 05:56 PM
you can drive clutchless on any manual car..... obviously, setting off is a tad jumpy..... you simply have to learn the change points on the way up the box, so as you pop it into neutral, and let the engine revs die till it will slide in. then changing down is similar, but you blip the throttle between changes.... it is massively slower with synchro than driving with a clutch.

VnoNovaD
17-01-11, 06:14 PM
Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should. You're lucky that 100 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake.

Psh.
I live my life a quarter mile at a time.
Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bull****. For those six hundred and fifty seven seconds or more, I'm free.

Its not slipping if you change at 2.5k and feed in slow. Which I always do.
So its not sh@gged yet.
But is flirting.

Best get saving for a clutch then.

Bent. :roll: