PDA

View Full Version : cav 5 stud conversion

Rob
16-01-11, 04:39 PM
I no its not nova related but quite a few on here have cavs lol has anyone converted theres to 5 stud using vectra/zafira rear drums becaue i need to which handbrake cable to use as the standard one is about an 1inch and half to short

Cheers Rob :thumb:

davidfox280585
16-01-11, 04:48 PM
unsure rob best pm brettski but im sure he used cav bits i was told to use vectra hubs on the rear but you have to mod them slightly and use then vice versa drivers on passenger if ya get me, sure this solves your issue

Rob
16-01-11, 04:50 PM
there on mate lol vectra hubs went straight on ;) ill give him a shout now me thinks

davidfox280585
16-01-11, 05:21 PM
yes they will bolt on but you get the problem you have now, i was assured to rotate the hubs to the other side though it will need a slight modding and this will correct the handbrake cable positioning, im sure brett used cav v6 stuff on his, also did the front vec hubs bolt into the bearings and the disc setup fit straight on?

Rob
16-01-11, 05:29 PM
i used cav struts with vectra 288mm drilled and groved discs,,i had to get the hubs machined down by .5 of a mil though to get the discs onto them

davidfox280585
16-01-11, 05:33 PM
kinda lost me there rob i wanted to know if the vec front hubs bolted straight into the cav bearings and the vec brakes bolt onto the vec hub , do you know what i mean about the rear hubs?

Rob
16-01-11, 05:53 PM
i used cav turbo front hubs/bearings with vectra discs and calipers,and not to sure what you mean about the hubs ? i,m going to try to cav rear disced handbrake cables tomorrow

davidfox280585
16-01-11, 06:55 PM
the hub you have on your drivers now on rear swap to the passenger but sure you need to but the backplate to suit the abs sensor supposededly sorts the handbrake cable positioning, ahh i see i was curious to know if i could of fitted the vec front hubs into the bearings and the shafts mated up ok and if it gave the disc correct offset for the vec brakes i think a trip to evas is needed!