PDA

View Full Version : Nitros 4 gsi

TWAG
08-06-03, 09:43 PM
Im looking to have a nitros kit fitted to my 1.6gsi, what i need to know is does any thing on the engine need uprating. Im not planning on putting to higher kit on it, proberly between 25 & 50 bhp. The engine is standard exept a race cam and induction kit. Any info would be great.

Cheers

brian
08-06-03, 10:36 PM
iwill be fine for 50hp increase.
personally i wouldn't bother with nitros. you could spend your money a lot wiser and have normally aspirated power!

Aragorn
08-06-03, 10:58 PM
actaully it needs to be weighed up carefully

your average nos kit is about ?500

and assuming u run 50bhp jetting thats an instant 50brake when ever u need it but your not eating any more fuel etc when off-gas OR adding eninge wear off gas

on an engine like his the most your gonna get for ?500 is either a b+ head or twin 40's

the most i recon either of them are gonna produce on their own is about 20bhp

so if u want power when u need it then the NOS is a viable option - just gorra be more careful then with normal methods of power

Dan
08-06-03, 11:13 PM
hmmm you forgot one major price issue, i dont know how much it costs but the bottles dont last that long, say it cost 20 notes a time, ok isnt to bad but x10 =?200 etc etc etc.

TWAG
09-06-03, 05:09 PM
Cheers for ur opinions lads, i think im still guna go with it just for that insant power at the tuch of a button :lol: Any idea where the best place tu buy it from is? Regal :evil: want ?670 for the kit!

Ben (lurk75)
09-06-03, 05:47 PM
you will get the best gains from both, firstly spend some money on basic engine mods to make it stronger and then put the NOS on it.