PDA

View Full Version : how do i put loon rear window in

tomnovaloon
15-01-11, 06:24 PM
had ago today with some string but ended up loosing my temper and been in a mood all day any advide tips

GDN16v
15-01-11, 06:27 PM
any advide tips
Dont hit it with a hammerlollollollol

Push one corner in then just work youre way along the rubber seal pulling the rubber lip out with youre thumb and get someone to gently push the window down while you do that rather than using the string method! A little bit autoglym fast glass spray can help!!

tomnovaloon
15-01-11, 06:29 PM
i tried that one mate its too delicate for me haha thought about a hammer ill have another go when its not raining and windy put it in with duck tape for now hahah

Royston
15-01-11, 06:29 PM
had ago today with some string but ended up loosing my temper and been in a mood all day any advide tips

Calm down and have another go;)

Set the string in the groove in the window seal, make sure the string is long enough.

Set the front edge and bottom into the window apeture, gently work the inner seal edge into position by gently drawing the string, every so often just work the seal into position as the window settles in its frame;)

Graeme
15-01-11, 06:58 PM
Do you want me to help you tomorrow?

tomnovaloon
16-01-11, 01:10 AM
its ok graeme got a mate popin round you woudlnt have any rev counter clocks goin would you

bazil
16-01-11, 01:23 AM
[quote][how do i put loon rear window in /QUOTE]http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/random1/extruded_common_brick.jpg

lol kidding, i use a strand of plastic coated electrical cable as it moves better over the metal and rubber:thumb:

nova_saloon
16-01-11, 01:37 AM
i use electric cablwe aswell when doing windows, fiddly job as with any windsreen just get the bottom in first and then work it baby

bazil
16-01-11, 01:39 AM
dare i say use some lube? lol

tomnovaloon
16-01-11, 10:42 AM
oooooo bazil what kinda lube and what the f**K u plan on doin with a brick and lube lol