PDA

View Full Version : Nova Top Trumps

onephatnova
08-06-03, 07:13 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea:

i've been thinking of this idea for a while... i used to love playing Top Trumps when i was younger and found some old ones (sports cars / racing cars / space craft / etc.) a while back and it brought back nostalgic memories of the 80's... :) 8)

So i was thinking that (in a similar vein to the Novaload Calendar's) we could put all of our Nova's into a set of Top Trumps. :D 8)

Ideas for categary's would be appreciated, such as Top Speed, 0-60, 60-0, Value, Fuel Consumption, etc... We can get most of the data from 1/4mile runs & power runs next week at santa pod.

So who would be interested in putting their Nova into Nova Top Trumps?

djp_y2k
08-06-03, 07:30 PM
sounds pretty cool :lol: :lol:

I think every novaloader should have a set.

Jim
08-06-03, 07:42 PM
Heheh, sounds like a good idea. Anyone remember when shell were doing top trumps? You got a pack of 6 when you bought ?10 or more of Optimax. The categorys on their cards were:

0-60mph
Power (BHP)
Capicity
Length - N/A for Nova Top Trumps
Height - N/A for Nova Top Trumps
Top Speed
Economy
Cylinders
Width
Seats

Instead of Length, Height and Width we should have Alloy size, Lowered, Bodykitted.

Jim

Dave
08-06-03, 07:55 PM
sounds like a great idea :D

locky
08-06-03, 11:10 PM
What abot 5 doors and saloons?
"mines got more doors than u ne ne ne ne" lol :lol:

RobHardyUK
08-06-03, 11:14 PM
lol :P

mikeoxford
09-06-03, 11:51 AM
well unless anyone else volunteers (dont want to tread on any toes?) id be up for producing them.

ive heard of the trumps things *and* seen them, but dont know how you play?? :oops:

RobHardyUK
09-06-03, 12:28 PM
neither do i, but i liked the ones from shell :D

Jim
09-06-03, 02:18 PM
You dont know how to play Top trumps :o

Kids these days...its all computer, computers, computers. When I was a lad we had to be out the door at dawn and wern't allowed back home till it was dark, LOL.

Anyway...basically you play the game like this...

Say on engine CC I have a 2.0 and someone else has a 1.6 I would say "capacity 2000cc" I'd have more cc so Id win the other players card.

I suppose we'd have to make up some rules, like the lower the better. The bigger the alloy the better, etc.

Jim

dave.gsi
09-06-03, 02:44 PM
and if you had a really poo card u could say 'letters in the name' and if you had the most you could blag your mates best card lol

ade
09-06-03, 02:50 PM
well cool idea.

Need styling in the category - money spent on mods.

ou also need to maximum card - the one that has 100% on all categories bar one.

like on the horror cards, Death always had 100% except on one area - forget what that was though!?

You'd need to make a set of mini top trumps to go with the big pack.

Ade

dave.gsi
09-06-03, 03:07 PM
Death always had 100% except on one area - forget what that was though!?

life??? :lol:

mikeoxford
09-06-03, 06:42 PM
well if you all tell me what you want ill produce it........

leaving college now, and not planning on going to university. me and father are setting up a company methinks.

something along the lines of publishing, marketing, internet, ecommerce, computer networks, that kind of ting

wish us luck :oops: :roll:

could go horribly wrong

wisewood
09-06-03, 06:49 PM
good luck with the new venture mike, sounds like a good idea to me.

The novaload top trumps idea is fantastic... i would be interested in helping in any way possible if necessary, and would certainly want to own a deck of the cards. :D

mikeoxford
09-06-03, 07:16 PM
just got back from a funeral.

has really f00ked my head up

not as if he was family, but ive spent enough time with the bloke, and we had various ties with each others family.

geezer treated me like a son.

just want to get out in the real world and take control of tings for once, rather than working for some arogant tw@ - arent all bosses?

dont want to be rich, just to be comfortable, and if what me and dad have put the business plan together for, works as its supposed to, should see me right for a few years at least

wisewood
09-06-03, 07:24 PM
Fair play mate... good luck to ya!!

you had your share of worries lately... bout time you had some luck.