PDA

View Full Version : Roof lining.

Pistol Pete
15-01-11, 02:57 PM
Righto, need to re-fit a roof lining to my Nova. Not hard i hear you say well...

The previous owner "fitted" one. It was a piece of material glued in. I have decided to make work for myself and make one from scratch!!

I then bought a mk2 lining, but it doesnt have a cut out for the sunroof. I thought i could fit it and cut a hole. Simples. No. It looked ****e. Sagged, twisted..crap!

Are they different?

Anyone got anypics that will help me??

Edd
15-01-11, 04:59 PM
Think benn has a custom one he could be of some help

GDN16v
15-01-11, 06:02 PM
Use youre old one, glue to new fabric to the old roof lining, cut to the same shape then simply reattach to the roof using the original fixings!;)

Pistol Pete
15-01-11, 07:46 PM
The old one is a naff piece of material. That's it. Can't use it for a template.

bazil
15-01-11, 10:18 PM
yes they are different, you cant use a non sunroof one in a car with a tilt and slide roof unless you trim it and use the correct bars to hold it,

Pistol Pete
15-01-11, 10:22 PM
Bugger lol

Mint mk2 lining up for sale then! FS thread to follow!

Cheers bazil.

EDIT: when you say trim it...where?

bazil
15-01-11, 10:30 PM
around the edge, think how deep the sunroof cassette is and how much difference there is when its not fitted, so the non sunroof ones have to reach slightly deeper to fit the roof, im my thread you see the difference in the bars shape due to the sunroof