PDA

View Full Version : Remove Front Door Cards

Liam
15-01-11, 02:56 PM
I'm trying to remove my front door cards but I can't see how to remove the window winder? Can anybody help me out, Cheers.

Spudly
15-01-11, 03:01 PM
There is a C-clip behind it, i usually pull it (lightly) away from the door and fiddle in behind it with a thin flatblade screwdriver, and after a bit of swearing you will get it out, then the other one will be easy as you know what youre doing lol

Aim it down though as it will ping off into nowheresville:eek:

Liam
15-01-11, 03:20 PM
There is a C-clip behind it, i usually pull it (lightly) away from the door and fiddle in behind it with a thin flatblade screwdriver, and after a bit of swearing you will get it out, then the other one will be easy as you know what youre doing lol

Aim it down though as it will ping off into nowheresville:eek:

I looked in the trusty Haynes manual and they said use a bit of rag behind the winder and move it in a sawing action. I done that and the clip appeared in sight so I just got my screwdriver and prised it off a bit untill I could grab it.

Benn
15-01-11, 04:08 PM
Carefull, they have huge spring power to them, do it wrong and they'll ping off for miles..lol

Bubba
15-01-11, 06:08 PM
worst design on anything that clip...i ended up making a rather large hole in my door card

mowgli
15-01-11, 10:24 PM
the big trick is to keep the doors & windows shut, then when the clip sods off, it only ends up inside the car.

Rich
15-01-11, 11:23 PM
and you still wont find the f*****

mowgli
15-01-11, 11:24 PM
i alsways have... but i pull very slowly on the rag..

brainsnova
15-01-11, 11:43 PM
If you have the clip facing the door pocket then it lands in there :d

nova_saloon
16-01-11, 01:31 AM
see brains has it right with the facing to the door card!! but its a pain and do it a few times it becomes easier and easier a number of cars use them and there a stupid idea but ahwell. but when putting the handle back on put the clip on the handle pirft them line it up and give it a whack, dont try to stick it on once you have pushed on the handle otherwise you will end up destroying somethin